What is the forum policy for selling a hand gun?

Florida Sportsman

What is the forum policy for selling a hand gun?

I have one I want to sell - also, are there any special requirements if I sell it to another FL resident. I am a private party.

Thanks
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    http://www.rexlantz.com

No special requirements. However, it makes sense, at least to me, to determine that the individual you're selling to is not a convicted felon. How to do that? When I advertise any of my guns for sale I include the statement "Concealed Weapon Permit required." If that bothers you then take it to a gunshop and place it on consignment; the gunshop will have to do the Instant Check before transferring the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by fish_stix View Post
    No special requirements. However, it makes sense, at least to me, to determine that the individual you're selling to is not a convicted felon. How to do that? When I advertise any of my guns for sale I include the statement "Concealed Weapon Permit required." If that bothers you then take it to a gunshop and place it on consignment; the gunshop will have to do the Instant Check before transferring the weapon.

Makes sense
    Don't blink - they grow up fast

The requirement is that you send me an email with a picture and the price before posting it in the classified section. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dnelson View Post
    The requirement is that you send me an email with a picture and the price before posting it in the classified section. LOL!!!
    Maybe too big ... LOL.
    357/mag S&W Highway Patrol 6" - I shot my first caribou with it and 3 black bears over the years. Bought it new in the 70's and it isn't a safe queen.

I will put it in the classifieds later this week I guess and maybe make up a paper someone will need to sign saying the are not a convicted felon and have a photo ID. That should cover me.
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    http://www.rexlantz.com

Quote Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
    maybe make up a paper someone will need to sign saying the are not a convicted felon and have a photo ID. That should cover me.
    I did this for a Sig I sold years ago. Good so far
    Don't blink - they grow up fast