Family and church - Page 17

Florida Sportsman

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Oh my
    Last edited by Skunk Ape; 12-26-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S. Colecchio View Post
    Yeah , I know you had and still have a difficult time understanding the nuance of Catholicism , which by the way you deny as being Christian yet insist upon pointing to make your case.

Natural law is simply physical law. When New Advent talks about Natural Law: The duties imposed on us in the supernatural law come home to us, because the natural law and its exponent, conscience, tell us that, if God has vouchsafed to us a supernatural revelation with a series of precepts, we are bound to accept and obey it. It uses it as a foundation required for applying the supernatural.

Natural laws are unemotional and not moralistic as opposed to positive law which is. Natural law is a philosophy that does not require faith, but demands reason.

This law by virtue of reason, not supernatural mandate, is the guiding concept, as I have beaten to death previously , subscribed to by the deists and other enlightened thinkers who crafted the Declaration and Constitution, fundamental to and in accordance with Hobbes and Locke's vision of democratic governance, outside the necessity of imposing divine and biblical law, as the Christianized version demands and you maintain they did.

But as with Catholicism you point to the Constitution as proof of incorporated religiosity yet deny it validity as an absolute authority in your strange schizophrenia .
    Simply delusional. Even heathen can read and deny the obvious allusion to the link between conscience and natural law. I have never run across anybody that justifies his beliefs by the poor reading comprehension you posses which you attribute to nuances.

You simply just can not follow the consequence of your beliefs they are Un-Roman Catholic and most certianaly Un-Chritian.
    Earl, a man, married to a girl called Tina.

Quote Originally Posted by earl40 View Post
    Simply delusional. Even heathen can read and deny the obvious allusion to the link between conscience and natural law. I have never run across anybody that justifies his beliefs by the poor reading comprehension you posses which you attribute to nuances.

You simply just can not follow the consequence of your beliefs they are Un-Roman Catholic and most certianaly Un-Chritian.
    Earl,

You may have trouble accepting this, but we pretty much think everything you write is as you are accusing others of being. Perhaps you should disassociate yourself from Robert before it's completely too late.

Seriously.

Why is it that angry earl routinely comes across as....

Simply delusional.

and most certianaly Un-Chritian.
    While in comparison comic Gary reads like a divinity student & wordsmith?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    My daughter was raised with ethics and morals and no church, no religion, no God. She is the kindest, most caring, most thoughtful, respectful person I know.
    my brothers and i were not raised in a religious environment...
    however, my parents encouraged us to become familiar with not just christianity, but all of the major religions...
    we were raised in a military culture which had a major influence on morality and ethics...

at ease............
    mac

The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....

Senior Member Gary S. Colecchio's Avatar
    Even heathen can read and deny the obvious allusion to the link between conscience and natural law. I have never run across anybody that justifies his beliefs by the poor reading comprehension you posses which you attribute to nuances.
    I'm certain he can.

I'm not discussing my beliefs, but my understanding of the construction of the founding documents, which do not include biblical law or eternal law, but 17th century philosophy.

What ever I believe personally and spiritually requires suspension and acceptance without prejudice when understanding and explaining the philosophy of the men who established the nation. This ability to critically appreciate the works of these great men in their contemporary context is necessary to understand our heritage as Americans.

To view that work in establishing this great nation as a product of divine providence is a disservice to them. Which if you could turn back time to thank them for, would be met with blank stares of incredulity as would Jesus.
    Last edited by Gary S. Colecchio; 12-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

There is no way of knowing if Chrsitianity has or hasn't served mankind well. I will say that almost every Christian I know says they are a better man because of their faith in Christ. And for me, this is the bottom line. Does a man's faith in Christ make him a better man. Honestly, there is only one answer to this question. Any man with a TRUE faith in Christ as Lord and Savior is a better man than without that faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by MACD View Post
    Chistianity is very difficult to believe in our modern era.

Because many of the Biblical accounts are hard to reason with many of our social scientific secular theories.

But I personally feel more appauled how 2000 yrs of christianaity has not served mankind well.

I'm not looking for blame as much as I'm looking for truth.

Any man with a TRUE faith in Christ as Lord and Savior is a better man than without that faith.
    Its difficult to imagine what these guys would have done had they not accepted Christ as their personal savior.

http://listverse.com/2010/02/23/10-p...ty-a-bad-name/

Freemasony makes good men better.

Last edited by Gary S. Colecchio; 12-27-2012 at 08:57 AM.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Freemasony?

Quote Originally Posted by DBRYAN View Post
    Freemasony?
    Better than being born again did for those guys and their victims at least.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast