Epoxy fllooring

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Epoxy fllooring

Epoxy fllooring

Anyone have any experience with epoxy flooring? I am looking into a renovation for a school locker room and this seems to be the best application for the bare concrete flooring. Lot's of products out there and I am not sure which direction to head. Cost is a major concern but we need something durable for hallways and inside the locker rooms.

I've done a bit of it. A 30' x 40' pole barn and a 2 1/2 car garage. I used the U- Coat It products and it came out great. It's the same thing Jay Leno uses in his garages. Preperation is the most work, cleaning oil stains, smoothing rough areas and filling cracks. The product is water soluble, in fact the first coat is applied to a damp floor. I finished with a clear coat and the colored sprinkles. The fumes from the clear coat are extreme and you'll need plenty of ventilation. This type of floor my be a bit slippery for a locker room although there are traction additives that help.

One of the top companies in florida that does epoxy floors is epoxy inc. great guys and I've know them for 20 years. They do hangars, schools, warehouses. Cost is always a concern but the floor life justifies it. I've done some decking with epoxies and a good high quality product lasts a looonngggg time
    It's tough stuff and holds up well If prepped and laid down right. pm me if you want their contact info.
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

Ive had subcontractors install it in several schools and various building that i've built. If the clear coat is not done properly it can actually hold dirt in the profile that is difficult to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccanr1 View Post
    Ive had subcontractors install it in several schools and various building that i've built. If the clear coat is not done properly it can actually hold dirt in the profile that is difficult to clean.
    I was going to mention this as well. We have some epoxy floors at work, and they scratch easily and look poor. I’m assuming they were never done properly to begin with, so I’d check references before choosing a contractor.