Flamingo. Worth a try

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Flamingo. Worth a try

I have only fished the back country, but am anxious to try out front. I have no clue of where to go to be successful. Not asking for secret spots, but if you wanna share that would be great. I'm heading down next week. Anybody wanna help a fellow florida sportsman member out. Hoping to target redfish, snook, trout, and snapper. Thanks for any help!
    17' release with suzuki 140 four stroke, and 26' century center console with a yamaha 300 HPDI

Quote Originally Posted by Schoolies View Post
    I have only fished the back country, but am anxious to try out front. I have no clue of where to go to be successful. Not asking for secret spots, but if you wanna share that would be great. I'm heading down next week. Anybody wanna help a fellow florida sportsman member out. Hoping to target redfish, snook, trout, and snapper. Thanks for any help!
    You only fish wwbay?

Ya. I have fished all around whitewater bay. I have that area down pretty darn good. I have been fishing the backcountry for the past 25+ years. I usually fish all my spots through wwb out to the mouth of shark river. I have only tried out front one time in my time down there, and thought it would be fun to give it a try.. I'm headed down for 4 days next week and hope to fish 1 day out front then the rest of the time in wwb.
    17' release with suzuki 140 four stroke, and 26' century center console with a yamaha 300 HPDI

I'll be out there

I sent you a PM with a few ideas. Let me know if you need anything else.

-Rob

Got the PM Gettin Jiggy. Thanks a bunch. Your insight will be a great help rather than going in blind. Flatsstalker, I will be down on thursday, and be coming back on Sunday. Hopefully the chickies arent all booked up, and the weather coopereates. Really looking foreword to spending a few days in paridise!

You might want to camp at the campground in case you don't find a chickee available. The ramp is around the corner and you'll be comfortable having the truck close by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Jiggy! View Post
    You might want to camp at the campground in case you don't find a chickee available. The ramp is around the corner and you'll be comfortable having the truck close by.
    the past two trips to the flats east of the ramp have been tough. the fish did not come easy, and many boats came and went. i was in a kayak and had to rough it out.

With these cold fronts you have to fish the creeks

The creeks it will be. Close flamingo Thursday night then head to the back side Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Mostly fish the creeks around graveyard and little shark. I have got lots of good spots around there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast