Some Inshore Snook Action (Not From A Kayak)

Florida Sportsman

Cape Coral, Matlacha, Pine Island, Sanibel

Some Inshore Snook Action (Not From A Kayak)

Finally took a day off from the kayak fishing and hit PI Sound out of the Pathfinder. Caught some ladyfish early on and hit up some docks looking for some resident dinosaur snook that lurk in the area but had no luck. So we shot over to a deep mangrove shoreline with some sunken trees and I started casting. I tossed a riptide gold shrimp up against the shoreline. After a few casts I had a snookasaurus follow it up but with the crystal clear water he turned around and headed back to the bottom. I quickly switched over to a large handpicked shrimp and tossed out forgetting that I only had 15lb mono leader tied on. I was immediately slammed and drag started to peel off. After the snook made an appearance and started to make a beeline for one of the sunken trees I thought for sure it was over. After a few minutes of back and forth I finally got him to the boat. He wasn't the monster we were looking for but he put up a great fight on light tackle. We rounded the day out with a bunch more snook up to 30"

Nice fish on the 15lb leader.
    There is nothing in the world as expensive as that which the government gives away for "free."

Senior Member former bluefishinny's Avatar
    Nice nice fish!!! Dude in background looks happier than you lol!

Nice snook...