Closest place near Estero Bay/Ft Myers Beach for Bait and tackle.

Florida Sportsman

Closest place near Estero Bay/Ft Myers Beach for Bait and tackle.

Ill be staying there for a week, and would like to find a place to buy tackle when/if needed. I also want to be able to pick up some chum if I ever decide to do some snapper fishing.

Im planning on hitting some of the near artificial wrecks, any reports of whats biting? Im hoping to get some mangrove, or try some gray snapper at night.

For bait and tackle there is: Master Bait and Tackle on bonita beach road, Fish tale marina, and snook bight marina are both located on fort myers beach on san carlos blvd I believe.

As fars as whats biting, the inlets have been hot right at dusk for tarpon, and for near shore reefs the mangrove snapper bite has been good, (I have been catching 4 and 5lb fish the last few times to some of the public markers). On either a half sardine on a chicken rig, or chum heavy from an anchored boat I use 20lb braid with about a 6 foot 30lb flourocarbon leader with just a split shot and freeline it back with the chum, either way the mangroves are there and quite tasty.

Good luck.

pretty sure mangos and greys be the same fish. but good luck to you and the crew
    I am choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford Cletus View Post
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkatak1089 View Post
    pretty sure mangos and greys be the same fish. but good luck to you and the crew
    You just spoiled his fun, the baitshop could have sold him bait n tackle for both...

MuttonS is what I meant..but nice to see the wasted sarcasm still is strong on these forums.

Master Bait and Ace on Beach Road in Bonita.

We haven't seen any tarpon on the beach or the passes ( inlets are on the east coast ;) ) north of Vanderbilt and south of Sanibel with only 2 fish reported by The Beach Club the entire month of July.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick