2013 Python Challenge - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Those pythons aren't just in the glades....My buddy and I were heading out Black point channel one morning and the bay was like a lake...I had just jumped on plane and noticed 100 yards in front of us something swimming on top of the water. I motored up to it and saw it was a baby python. Well about 1.5-2ft, and we grabbed it. It rode in my console storage the entire day, and my buddy gave it to a friend. We did call the FWC to report the finding and they stated that they had been turning up around turkey point and black point areas recently. Never seen another one, but that morning definately suprised me!!

Assembly Solutions LLC
    "solving ALL your assembly needs"
    Put down the instructions....and call for a qoute!
    305-815-3886

If anyone plans on doing this. shoot me a pm. I dont know anything about catching them, but im all in for an extra helping hand

If it's me going after them "catching" wouldn't describe how it would work. Every one of those critters would be in two pieces before they went into the bag....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666

Quote Originally Posted by captrv View Post
    Back in the mid to late 90s my buddy was living and working at Flamingo. He would find those suckers warming up on the service roads and would sell them to the pet stores in Homestead. They had to start turning him away because they couldn't sell them faster than he was bringing them in. I can only imagine how many there must be now!
    Where are the python pics? Everyone claimed there were thousands of snakes? Has anyone caught one yet?

I went out with a couple buddies saturday and sunday a couple weekends ago and we sludged around in the glades and drove a bunch of back trails...saw nothing! Sunday saw a bunch of gators, moccasins, black racers, and even a deer.

i'm not to sure how "nuisance" these creatures are. Only 37 caught in 3 weeks from what i heard

Lucky is always on a python hunt.

I have caught Boa Constrictors several times in my backyard. First one I took to a reptile shop out in west Dade and the owner told me of a guy in the early 1990's that was about to get busted by the Feds for possession of exotic wildlife without a permit. In turn he released his bounty in the nearby Deering Bay area just north of Black Point. This included every snake imaginable, lizards and even some primates. Some survived some didn't. The Boas did. The ones I caught(this year) are youngsters and the shop told me the adults bare about 50 offspring per year, now multiply that times twenty years and you start to get the idea. It's a nice cool day today so they should be out sunning.

good luck, kill em all

A couple of years ago I was taking some Scouts on a camping trip to Camp Everglades. The sun was setting and as I drove down the road I see this long (very long) snake crossing the road. It must have been 14 feet or more because it stretched the entire width of one side of the road and was very thick. Well its no longer thick as my four truck tires took care of that. Got out of the car and sure enough it was a Python.

One less Python in the Everglades.

Juan
    Last edited by Flagtails; 02-07-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12