Harris Chain help
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Harris Chain help

I have a tournament coming up at the beginning of January and was wondering if anybody could just give some general information. I've only fished it once over thanksgiving. Threw a square bill and caught one big one but that was it. Nothing flipping, spinnerbait, or throwing a hornytoad. Had some luck on trick worms but that was it. Any help would be appreciated

The beginning of January may be a little soon for bedding fish unless it stays warm. The weather on that lake is always a factor due to it's size.
    I would say canal mouths and any Southwest facing banks (warmer water) will hold fish. The 9th street canal and Harney canal have fish depending on where you launch from.
    Flip the vegitation in those areas.
    "You'll get your weather"

Appreciate the help Cat louie. Ill have to check those places out in practice, before all ive fished is Eusties and Haines creek. Yeah I wasn't going to try for bedding fish especially since its a two day tournament. We're launching out of Wooten Park.

Find as many shell beds as possible and throw that KVD 2.5 in chartreuse. There's a shell bed near the mouth of the dead river you can try. If you don't catch a fish on it within an hour they aren't there but if they are there you can catch 20lbs quick.

Thanks man appreciate the help. Yeah that's what i was throwing last time i was there and caught a big one on, so ill have that tied on.

Don't overlook the canals on the west shore of Lake Eustis and in Haines creek. Several of them have springs and clearer warmer water in the backs of them and can be very productive early in the year. If the weather is unusually cold theres a deep water stretch close to the north shore of Big Lake Harris just west of Dead river that can hold Bass in cold weather.