Redfish on Fire!

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Redfish on Fire!

Headed out this morning around 9 with one of my bestfriends and longtime fishing buddy Captain Russ. With the skys grey and cloudy and thunderstorms in the distance, what we thought was going to be a horrible day turned out to be the best I have had this month! We fished a strong incoming tide untill about 1330, catching red after red, after red. The bite would not stop and was consistant the whole day. Wound up catching around 20 or so reds ranging from 20 to 27 inches with most being around the 24 inch slot. They all seemed to love the handpicks we were tossing at them...prefferably dead. The best part about the day was the last 5 or so we caught, we sight casted. Nothing better than watchin a fat red turn his head at your offering and off to the races. Ill tell you, there is somthing about this overcast weather that drives them crazy. Great day to be on the water. It is days like today that make me feel so lucky to live in paradise...ain't no other place I would rather be. Tight lines Y'all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20121211_150439.jpg   IMG_20121211_150317.jpg   IMG_20121211_150418.jpg   IMG_20121211_150332.jpg   IMG_20121211_150126.jpg  

Senior Member Gary S. Colecchio's Avatar
    Nice fish.

You may want to be careful posting this though.

South Zone
    Minimum Size Limit Not less than 18" no more than 27" total length
    Daily Bag Limit 1 fish per person per day; 8 fish vessel limit

"If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Gary, thankyou for your concern. I do know the bag limits for redfish....I am a USCG licensed local GUIDE. I had 3 people on my vessel. My girlfriend was not pictured.

Very good.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

I appreciate your knowledge.

Don't want you to get that phone call. We have enough problems.

Looks like a great day. Well done.

A phone call would mean someone does not have all the details of a photo and way too much time on their hands...Again, I am a licensed guide, and I do not need people on here accusing me of things from a photograph for no reason. Next time please keep those responses to yourself. I do not think any of the frequent anglers on this forum need a reply with the "bag limits" pasted all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by InshoreSlam View Post
    A phone call would mean someone does not have all the details of a photo and way too much time on their hands...Again, I am a licensed guide, and I do not need people on here accusing me of things from a photograph for no reason. Next time please keep those responses to yourself. I do not think any of the frequent anglers on this forum need a reply with the "bag limits" pasted all over it.
    I agree w/ Captain A.J. 100%!!!!! What you did Gary is just totally uncalled for! We all become menbers of this Forum to make friends and exchange fishing info but not the kind your dealing out! Reposting his photo w/ the size and bag limit right under it is like trying to show everyone here that they were guilty of breaking the laws before YOU even knew the whole story!!!! 4,824 post here and you don't know any better???
    Get a life dude!!!!!
    I am what I am and thats all that I am!! > Popeye!

Wow nice day on the water...what area were you fishing?? Estero? PIS? or...

www.Tri-TownConstruction.com

Let's turn this economy around! BUY AMERICAN!

I agree with the Captain. Rediculous to think that someone has to remind a Captain about rules and regs. I have been called out as well from a photograph when the person making the accusation has forgotten that the person on the charter was taking the picture! Oh well, I guess it was meant to help but it really is an insult.....
    For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast