What jobs that you consider menial have you held? - Page 4

Florida Sportsman

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hick dog is having fun talking to himself lol

Stacking bailed hay,cleaning stalls and pretty much anything to do with a horse barn in my early teens. That was the worst, hands down.I worked at a car lot right after i got my drivers license as a lot boy. Min wage. I got to drive some cool cars around and use the owners pool house like it was mine. His wife was smokin hot and loved her some lot boy.
    The best summer of my young life!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky7Team2 View Post
    No speakers. Basically I took the truck home at night and plugged it in after the days sales. In the morning I would drive to the warehouse in Boca and count my stuff, give the company what the COGS was, and keep the rest, than re-stock. No worries, I always targeted affluent neighborhoods for sales not the sticks, the stuff wasn't cheap
    I bought a load of that stuff in gainesville. About $400 worth. I was packaged well and lasted well. It was a good value except for the stuff I don't like like salmon. I got a stack of steak, pork chops, red snapper was great, crap etc. Per lb it was a good deal but if I did it again it would be on my terms and only what I wanted. I would have called the ASO on you as a suspicious person.
    Last edited by CaptTater; 12-12-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

My dad always said I'd be digging ditches for a living if I didn't go to college, so I went to USF. When summer came I needed some extra cash and the guy that came out to fix the septic system at my rented house offerred me a job as his helper. I was digging ditches. That was a long summer.

The next summer I got a job on a landscaping crew. One day the boss had us laying a truckload of sod. That was menial labor in the summer heat. I remember that the boss had a heat stroke, so after that he allowed us more breaks and plenty of water.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Polar View Post
    Translation - your buddy Mitch has once again scuttled off to the shadows like a cockroach once it is time to put up or shut up.

who?
    Funny because mitch spoke many times about working on a farm and what a bad *** he was slinging hay and such. Must have been a yankee farm with 5lb bales.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

What did you expect from a guy willing to take a picture of himself standing in knee deep cow crap to prove a mindless point.

picked okra
    dug ditches for a plumber
    flip burgers
    I'll stop there the list is waaay to long
    "The Chief Executive is acting as an Imperial President, without regard to his citizens, only caring about his agenda."

Garbage slinger (sorting paper and plastic out of food waste to be sent to a piggery) $50 a month. I was 14
    Window washer 15 $2.50 and hour
    bag boy in a supermarket 16 what ever minimum wage was in 74
    day labor at 17 then factory loading dock and stock-boy all MW
    Then I got smart and became a lifeguard for the next five years while I was in college. $9.00 an hour
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Work is work, there are no menial jobs.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast