shore/wade spots around Edgwater and NSB

Florida Sportsman

shore/wade spots around Edgwater and NSB

Looking for some spots to hit after work if I don't want to drag out the yak or the boat, but just wet a line. Any tips appreciated Anything from Daytona to Oak Hill will do (as its in my travels from work to home). Not looking for anyone's secret spot, just some possible productive areas that I can get to on foot

when i was living in NSB i always like to just go put some live bait out from the rocks at the inlet. if you don't get any there; i use to go over the south causeway heading east after you go over that. there will be another little brig. right after that go thro the light past the dunk'en donuts take the next right in the old shoping plaza. in the back right hand corner there is a place to park looking over the water way. i use to get lucky pull out a few good Snook and some Flounder. shrimp and small bait fish work best i found close or a few inches off the bottom and when the tide is coming or going.
    Justin N.

I've not tried it yet, but I heard that there's a couple spots in CNS. I think you can wade down on the river side across from Lot #5 and it is supposed to do well. I've tried along the Eldora Road myself a time or two but I'm just starting to learn some things as I usually surf fish. Callalisa Creek is back there where purevibe1 mentioned and I think there's some access spots south of there along Saxon. I have yet to try there as well and don't know if there's good spots or not.

Senior Member Pescatoral Pursuit's Avatar
    New Smyrna jetty.

"Sometimes things are exactly as they seem."

Thanks guys. I've fished callalisa a few times but only ever seen lady fish there (mostly at night). Tried the old winn-dixie parking lot there by DD and never hand any luck but i'll give it a shot again.