Help me find the right conservation organization to contribute too

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me find the right conservation organization to contribute too

Hello Everyone,

I own a fishing sportswear company and I'm looking to get my company into fish conservation and I need your help in finding the right organization. I want to partner up with a conservation organization in which a portion of every proceed that my company profits from is donated to the conservation organization that has been chosen.

What are some good conservation org to get involved with?

Regards,
    Josh

Senior Member Gary S. Colecchio's Avatar
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

There are a couple that stand out in terms of fighting for our fishing rights;

RFA - Recreational Fishing Alliance http://www.joinrfa.org

FRA - Fishing Rights Alliance http://www.joinfra.com

Great, thanks Tom. I'll look into them.

The CCA (Coastal Conservation Association) is by far the most effective conservation group in fishing.

Stradlatter, thanks for sharing that. I checked out their site and like what they represent and what they do. This could be a great organization to get involved with.

they lead from behind - FRA in my book, they were the only ones standing up for us at the last meeting - CCA had no stance??
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi

Dog In spite of what Gary posted, quoting Denny, CCA did take a stand at the December FWC meeting. On the day of the meeting (Dec 5) I spoke to Trip Aukeman, Deputy Director - Advocacy, CCA Florida, who was in attendance at the meeting and expressed my feelings against C&R, or Sportfish Status for Permit. He told me that CCA was also against this, but there was some feelings to make it C&R in the SPZ's in the Keys, where this proposal was originating.
    Here's a portion of an e-mail I received from Trip on the day of the meeting:
    I am at the FWC meeting right now and I will call you at some point today. I can tell you that CCA is not for catch and release only for permit and we are working against that.
    A short time later, I got the phone call.

After the meeting I received an e-mail from him that CCA took the position that we spoke about.

Senior Member Gary S. Colecchio's Avatar
    This guy is spamming the forum to sell his ersatz "Salt Life" Chinese/ Indian sweat shop / child slave labor "performance" , look at my lifestyle ,oriented logo shirts. Any active Florida fisherman would know what CCA is and what it has done for the fisheries without having to "discover" it here.

Its spam.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

I was going to suggest Florida Wildlife Federation fwfonline.org however with caution posted.......further,"Wicked Catch" user name possible alert.....besides,if Wicked Catch is not worthy,will not get far with FWF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast