12-9 FPI Phins, Kings, Snapper

Florida Sportsman

12-9 FPI Phins, Kings, Snapper

Finally got a break in the weather and we jumped on the opportunity to dust off the old grady and fish. Cleared the inlet around 7 and the seas were absolutely beautiful. We started off the powerplant in 100 and worked our way out. There was a huge fleet of sportfish boats working this area, so we joined in the mix.
    We troll by a big matt of weeds and outrigger pops, dolphin on. While fighting him, i see another dolphin jumping and he had the shotgun bait in his mouth. My friend got tight on him. Dad gaffs number one, then gaffs number two, and we have dinner. Not huge fish but still nice to get some phins. We continue to troll with a few knockdowns til about 1130, then head up to the northeast grounds.

On the ride there we practically ran over a manta ray with a big cobe under him in 100 ft. We spun the boat around but just couldnt locate him. We then set up anchor and caught some beautiful red snapper that we vented and gave healthy releases. We caught 5 in total and got rocked up to a few really good fish. During all this action i left a flat line out that got smoked by 2 kings, we landed 1 of them for the smoker.

It was a beautiful day on the water and we had some action, no complaints there!

Final tally: 2/2 dolphin
    1/2 kingfish
    5/5 ARS released healthy
    Bunch of black seabass released

Good job James, I'm going tomorrow!

looks like a great day on the water to me

Quote Originally Posted by JEN'S REVENGE View Post
    Good job James, I'm going tomorrow!
    Thanks kevin...I saw ur boat in the driveway, so I thought you may have been out today, I called on the radio a few times to see if you were out. Good luck tomorrow

We were in the river tearing up the snook and snapper. My 2 year old got her first fish on the Dora rod (keeper mangrove). I tried to give you a shout on 68, must have been out of range.

Nice report and pics. Really nice ARS!!

Nice fish!! Its to bad those ARS are "endangered", they would have made a fine meal.

Quote Originally Posted by canoemaster View Post
    Nice fish!! Its to bad those ARS are "endangered", they would have made a fine meal.
    Yea, you are spot on.....we caught 5 nice ARS and 10 black seabass in an hour of bottom fishing..both of which are closed because they are "endangered"

The grill in the rod holder is sounding better & better.