Homosassa inshore 12/6 Reds and Trout

Florida Sportsman

Homosassa inshore 12/6 Reds and Trout

Don and i headed out this morning to hit the inshore flats for some trout and redfish. We started in an area along a series of islands casting spoons for reds with no luck. We saw very little life there so we decided to head inside to look for trout. With the 68 degree clear water we were unsure where the larger trout might be. We tossed mirrodines from the barrier islands out to about a half mile onto the flats with some success but nothing fast. I decided that we should move inside a good bit and that did the trick with trout coming to the boat often. Don hooked a nice red and landed it for a quick photo and back it went. Then we hit a deeper cut that put a trout on our lines on almost every cast. when that bite slowed we started drifting along a shoreline and i hooked and landed a 27" red that we took a photo and released. The trout kept coming toi the boat fast as we worked our way back onto the flats where we were still puting on a decent fish on every cast. We had our fun and a limit of trout in the box so we called it a day at 2. We kept mostly the smaller trout for the table and one big trout that was hurt. The action is fast and steady when we found them and it seems that the typical winter pattern is setting up just right. Yet another great day on the bay with my friend and neighbor Don.

This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Sweeeet guys.....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways.

Great lookin catch. Almost looks like your redfish stole the spot from Don's redfish.

Kyle Brandon caught one of the prettiest Redfish I have ever seen last week-end , but those you guys caught are gorgeous Great diet here in the BB.

Sounds like a great inshore day, "Trout on every cast"! Sounds like Grunt fishing offshore

CT

Quote Originally Posted by PONCE View Post
    Kyle Brandon caught one of the prettiest Redfish I have ever seen last week-end , but those you guys caught are gorgeous Great diet here in the BB.
    I agree ... these redfish are so healthy looking here Ponce...they have to be eating right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake troller View Post
    Sounds like a great inshore day, "Trout on every cast"! Sounds like Grunt fishing offshore CT
    Yes this is typical of good winter fishing here but I admit an aweful lot of those trout were under the slot yet still smashing the mirrodines and a lot of fun.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber

What would you say is the "typical" winter pattern? I can never tell where I should be looking for these trout.

Nice Job T.M.
    You and Don are
    make a Great Team