I broke my johnson
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

I broke my johnson

You either have the magic touch or you don't. I broke 2 rods this week.

T.L Johnson 9' 8wt (snapped trying to pickup about 45')

and...

a TFO BVK 10' 4wt (split trying to lay down about 45')

I can't wait to have the pleasure of working with TFO on their warranty service but i'm dreading the Johnson. 5 minutes into it and I find out they don't even necessarily have a website. 10 minutes and I'm still looking for a number to call. But once I do get in contact with Mr.Johnson, I'm sure he'll be a great guy. BVK has only been out a dozen times, used in the smokies/upstate NY and the 8wt has been my daily driver for a couple years. I'm just going to assume there was a knick in both of the rods because with a 45' cast I was barely putting a sweat on 'em.
    IMG_0801.jpg
    Probably gonna look at an 8 weight BVK, Axiom, etc... tossing around the idea of messing around with a couple blanks.

That is all.

Hope it works out OK for ya! When are you going to be back this way?

With that title I had to open. Bummer about the rods & I wish you good luck.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.

With that title I had to open.

TFO is lightning fast from what I've heard. Good luck with the other one.

Cheers,
    Jim

TFO customer service is incredible, I broke my 4wt BVK back in Aug. shipped it to them on Monday recieved a complete New rod on Friday...of the same week! They even put a "Thank You sorry you had a problem" note in the package!

Sorry about your Johnson.....

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownNash View Post
    You either have the magic touch or you don't. I broke 2 rods this week.

T.L Johnson 9' 8wt (snapped trying to pickup about 45')

and...

a TFO BVK 10' 4wt (split trying to lay down about 45')

I can't wait to have the pleasure of working with TFO on their warranty service but i'm dreading the Johnson. 5 minutes into it and I find out they don't even necessarily have a website. 10 minutes and I'm still looking for a number to call. But once I do get in contact with Mr.Johnson, I'm sure he'll be a great guy. BVK has only been out a dozen times, used in the smokies/upstate NY and the 8wt has been my daily driver for a couple years. I'm just going to assume there was a knick in both of the rods because with a 45' cast I was barely putting a sweat on 'em.
    IMG_0801.jpg
    Probably gonna look at an 8 weight BVK, Axiom, etc... tossing around the idea of messing around with a couple blanks.

That is all.

I just had the pleasure of dealing with TFO, sent back both my 8 and 10wt rods and got them both back in 6 days! That is a great warranty turn around. Mind you all they had to do was replace the two top sections but that's impressive.

Acesover, I've been back for a little while house sitting for a family member but I'm in and out. I'm back out again to NYC this 18th for a short stay. If you're still up for it, I'll take you up on the boat offer next time around.

Thanks everybody, TFO has never been my weapon of choice but for what they offer and their service I'm going to be switching over the majority of my rods to them.

*ODC helped me break into his house and steal a bunch of flies to set me up for a car camping trip down to Stuart/Port St lucie. I got rained out but still managed some fish and pictures. It's not much so I'm going to wait to combine it with a trip for Brookies in Va during christmas. So thanks for the flies! Pictures on-the-way.