stripped gears on a battle 4000 - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nate - Sorry for the delay. Honestly there's very little traffic on this forum and we forget to check in every day. What did you find when you opened up the reel? How long ago did you purchase the reel?

Thanks,
    PENN

i dont know what this gear is called but it appears several of the teeth are rounded out ever so slightly. would that little bit of rounding cause slippage?

http://www.captain-nate.com/
    "If I had my life to live over again, there are some things Id do differently, but, oh yeah, Id still be a fisherman. No doubt about that."
    Thomas 'Blue' Fulford

Yes looks like the gear teeth have been worn down, this is normally caused by cranking against the drag or cranking in a fish with heavy pressure without pumping the rod to gain line and ease pressure from the reel/gears. PM us your address and we will send you a new main gear. thanks for reaching out to us.

Quote Originally Posted by PENN View Post
    Yes looks like the gear teeth have been worn down, this is normally caused by cranking against the drag or cranking in a fish with heavy pressure without pumping the rod to gain line and ease pressure from the reel/gears. PM us your address and we will send you a new main gear. thanks for reaching out to us.

Very good CS Penn..

Now only if Harold and/or Tom weren't so difficult to get a hold of. Yet to make good on my battle 4000's which have been out of inventory in both of your warehouses for months....

got the gear last night and will install it today.

thanks.
    http://www.captain-nate.com/
    "If I had my life to live over again, there are some things Id do differently, but, oh yeah, Id still be a fisherman. No doubt about that."
    Thomas 'Blue' Fulford

Smitchywheelith Nate
    I am choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford Cletus View Post
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12