North of Hecksher trout and more trout

Florida Sportsman

North of Hecksher trout and more trout

Had a chance to get my wife Stephanie out on the water this morning in "Her Native Mariner". So after a quick stop at BCFC for some of their ninja mudminnows we were on the water about 8:15 am. We come up on Dreads, spoke with him a minute then we set up to locate the trout. Stef does not get out to fish much so I wanted her to catch plenty of fish. Which she did, we must of caught 40+ trout in the range of 13" to 17". Did not get on any big fish but did manage a few rat reds mixed in. She had a great time and that's all I was after.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SANY0573.jpg   SANY0576.jpg   SANY0577.jpg   SANY0578.jpg   SANY0579.jpg   SANY0584.jpg   SANY0587.jpg  
    Kevin

Nice report! I was fishing up there yesterday, and got skunked!

Looks like a really nice day to be on the water. I heard the big trout were up there but it looks like you only found the same 14"ers that are everywhere.

How do you like the single hooks on your topwaters? I've never tried it. What size hooks?
    -Jon

Beautiful pics and nice job!

Like those popping cork action, looks like fun

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzo View Post
    Looks like a really nice day to be on the water. I heard the big trout were up there but it looks like you only found the same 14"ers that are everywhere.

How do you like the single hooks on your topwaters? I've never tried it. What size hooks?
    Thanks Jizzo
    Yea on that day it was all small ones, on the friday before that I was on the 17" to 20" ones with a few on topwater plugs. That plug in the pic is a Yozuri Sashimi that comes with the circle hooks on them, not sure what size the hooks are. I can say that every blow up I have had on that plug has been a hookup.
    Kevin