Gravel For The Front Of The House

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gravel For The Front Of The House

I need to add some gravel to the area in front of the place in Key Largo,,, doesn't look like it's been done in some time. The area is 40' X 40'. What size stone are you guys using?? When adding stone,, how many inches do you add? I haven't priced it yet so have no idea of costs or suppliers. Any thoughts on those??

Many Thanks!!

BTW,,, took last week off and the wife and I built this deck. Not much of a vacation as it took 6 days to build but the wife is happy!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Fred

I have larger and smaller but prefer the smaller pea rock. If you get the larger gravel then walking on it without shoes is a problem.
    In the lower keys "Mamas" does most of the supply of rocks and pea rock.

I also have the larger rock but my Neighbor has the smaller pea rock and it looks much nicer than the larger rock. As mentioned above there is no walking bare foot on it. you can try Florida Rock and sand I don’t know if they are still in business.
    The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Just got a quote for $660 for 12 yards of 3/4" stone plus $200 to spread it. Think I'll look around a bit more.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Fred

3/4 inch is painful to walk on unless you have 1/2 inch calluses.

They have a size in between the "pea" and 3/4", I think it's 3/8" rock. Not to bad on feet and holds up better than the small pea size, that stuff desintegrates somewhat faster. I got a load delivered from Roland Trucking and had BC Enterprises bring a bobcat over to spread, both guys were fine.

Discount Rock and Sand, http://www.discountrockandsand.com/ They haul from the mainland so Key Largo would not be an issue for them. They also offer other services which include Bobcat equipment.
    Happiness is the journey, not the destination.

I got a full load of 1/4 pea rock delivered the same day I ordered it from Juvier Trucking for $480. I spread it myself. My neighbor had shopped for best price and went with them too.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamTeke View Post
    Discount Rock and Sand, http://www.discountrockandsand.com/ They haul from the mainland so Key Largo would not be an issue for them. They also offer other services which include Bobcat equipment.
    My choice, they removed there dumpster from my house today from my wife's bathroom remodels
    Thanks Larry
    First Choice Islamorada Fishing Charters
    305-360-4900

Quote Originally Posted by bobsinn View Post
    I got a full load of 1/4 pea rock delivered the same day I ordered it from Juvier Trucking for $480. I spread it myself. My neighbor had shopped for best price and went with them too.
    How many yards was that??

Fred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast