Couple More From the Local Pond

Florida Sportsman

Couple More From the Local Pond

Got the day off Wednesday and was anxious to throw out some wild shiners at a dropoff thats been producing lately. I got there around 12:30 following a pattern that the fish have been moving up shallower as the air heated up. Luckily, the wind was coming from the same direction as my last few trips, but a bit stronger. I was casting them about 20ft off the bank (2ft under the bobber), pretty steep dropoff, and with the help of the wind was walking them down the bank. Interestingly, I got my biggest fish about 20 minutes into the day like the last trip, and my two big fish weight total was within an ounce of my last trip....I'm starting to think I might have caught some of the same fish, I also got a 4lb even last trip and the fish looked similar, and a 6lb 12oz during my first of three recent trips that looked pretty similar. Bite was kinda slow though, 5 fish in 3.5 hours, the other 3 were 2-3lbers.

6lb 12oz

4lb even

Tight lines!
    Last edited by RemoteRedsTrout; 11-23-2012 at 11:18 PM.

well did RRT

Yeah man !!!!!

Groovey man!

NICE! Lmb are territorial at certain times, especially coming off a cold snap. Its a pattern you've found non the less, great stuff!

Nice, I love shiner fishing. Lol, I don't even bass fish anymore with out them
    Catch 'em and Release 'em!
    http://tampaurbanangler.blogspot.com/

Nice bass

Great catch!

NICE!

Thank you sirs, went out yesterday around 12:30. Wind was from the opposite direction from my last few trips, almost too calm of wind. It was very overcast and pretty dreary out, so i was pretty uncertain if theyd be holding shallow. The sun came out after 2 hours or so, but still very overcast. Fishing was sloooow, got a 3.5-4 in the first ten minutes, then threw out a dead freelined shiner working it around a culvert. Had something pick it up, then drop it, then pick it up, and drop it, then pick it up so i set the hook but nothing there. Got a smaller shiner and threw out, the shiner was nervous for awhile then the bobber went under slowly and stayed about 6in beneath the surface as the fish went out. Set the hook and nothing there, thinking it was a little one and the head of the shiner was still hanging out of its mouth. Nothin after that, was there for 3 1/2 hours. Mostly fishing the dropoff nearshore but probably 1/4 of the time was casting toward the middle of the pond.

Tight lines!!!!!