Outdone by a topwater!

Florida Sportsman

Senior Member Pescatoral Pursuit's Avatar

Outdone by a topwater!

My fishing buddy and I went to work a "new" (to us) pond in our neighborhood yesterday. I brought my li'l 2" white gulp on a 16th oz jig head that has been slayin em lately, and he brought out his chugger in bass pattern. I thought to myself that it was gonna be pretty easy to outfish him today.

Boy was I wrong. I had to work that jig hard for the fish I did get, in the meantime, he was missing more strikes than hooking up! It wasn't til we got to a culvert that I've had my eye on for several years now (in plain sight from a major road near the 'hood,) where I was able to even up the score by pulling three fish out of it in quick succession.

All in all it was a successful first trip for both of us pulling in about 7-8 bass each in a little over an hour's time. A little slow for me by recent standards, but hey, I ain't complainin'.

Buona Fortuna out there.

Quote Originally Posted by greggl View Post
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'

citrus county
    Sounds like a good topwater bite was going on.
    "You'll get your weather"

Miami, Fl.
    Gotta love the top water bite but its good that you guys were using different tackle. Great report!