Peace river snook and tarpon.

Florida Sportsman

Peace river snook and tarpon.

The bite on the peace river is getting good been catching a lot of bass. Also a lot of small snook an tarpon along with a few big snook in the mix. The bite should only get better with spring getting closer and weather getting warmer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Nice snook in the first pic!

Nice snook buddy! I know those snook are big and strong right now, they should open season soon!

Nice first post.

Nice going!! Everyone I know who has been fishing the river has been *****in' about the poor fishing!!! Must be the fishermen!!

Peace river fishing requires patience for sure. But some days, especially with March approaching, it can really be going off. My lure of choice is a cotton cordell shad, stock hooks replaced with 4x, with a #3 reflecto spoon a close second. Just curious if you guys made it up as far as Iron lake, and, would you share what bait you used?

yea i believe the river is some of the best fishing around if your patient and put in your time. ready for some steady warm temps and the bite should take off! the snook are everywherei dont see why the shouldnt open season this year. Winderbill lures depend i do good on both d.o.a shrimp and terroreyes but in the summer its hard to beat a mirrodine or live bait!

yes we went to iron lake