Morning/Evening... Slamming It Out! 11/24/12

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morning/Evening... Slamming It Out! 11/24/12

Loaded up the kayaks and headed out to our spot with a beautiful sunrise and some chilly weather to greet us. The trout were spread out, but decent in size. No dinks, but no monsters. Dad gets slammed by a monster bluefish that dragged the yak around for a while. Plenty of jacks to keep the blood pumping in between trout. Went home, ate some lunch, and got some school work done before Chris texts me. About 2:00, were off to go wade! It was glassy calm for the most part so Chris threw the shrimp while I threw a CAL. Right away got into the trout pretty thick. Chris is catching one after another on the DOA Shrimp, while all I was catching were smaller trout and jacks. So I tied on a Charlie's Shrimp and immediately got a nice trout. Then Chris hooks up right beside him to a much bigger trout! Not a gator by any means, but well over slot. With the tide getting higher, we head to a sandbar I know of and once out there, it wasn't long before I hooked up to a big fish! Drag screaming off the reel, rod doubled over! Never saw the fish until the end of the 5 minute fight when it showed itself. Nice upper slot redfish! Got some good pics and released. Completely happy with the trip, Chris makes a few more casts and wouldn't you know it! He gets a small snook to complete our slam! Overall a great day. Fish were caught on DOA CAL's(Greene) and Charlie's Shrimp(gold/glow).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1967.jpg   IMG_8315.jpg   IMG_1692.jpg   IMG_1231.jpg   IMG_3687.jpg   IMG_7894.jpg   IMG_1973.jpg   IMG_3145.jpg   IMG_5739.jpg   day3.jpg   day2.jpg   day1.jpg  

Keep it up!

Great report Joupdog as usual! I fish from a kayak too but not so often since I need a partner to get me going. I wish we were closer in distance. You seem to dial in those trouts on every trip. I finally got my first trout yesterday from the surf.
    Keep up the great reports.

Yeah, keep slaying them bud! Now, you have mastered this already, It is in the bag... Next, try getting yourself a fly rod... Then begin learning all over again... I guarantee you that when you catch a few fish on it, you won't touch a spinning rod again! I wish I had as many wading opportunities as you do, I would surely be stalking on the fly!

-swordfish

"The definition of Insanity is to continue to do the same thing repeatedly and expect a different outcome, thus by definition, fishing is insanity, we are all insane!"

Quote Originally Posted by swordfizh View Post
    Yeah, keep slaying them bud! Now, you have mastered this already, It is in the bag... Next, try getting yourself a fly rod... Then begin learning all over again... I guarantee you that when you catch a few fish on it, you won't touch a spinning rod again! I wish I had as many wading opportunities as you do, I would surely be stalking on the fly!

-swordfish
    Don't have the money right now for it, but Christmas is right around the corner and I've got a feeling it's in my future.

I hear ya bud! If I had the means heart to heart right now Id get you going with a 6 to 7 weight setup... May I recommend a Redington Crosswater setup. About 100 bucks on ebay, and a decent starter setup... You seem like a smart young man, so if Santa comes thru, then here you go another piece of information, get yourself a 19.99 fly tying vice and go to town... For materials I recommend www.flytyersdungeon.com The cheapest you will find ever PERIOD and decent quality materials! If you ever decide to go into fishing professionally, this will help you plenty! Good luck and I want to see them reports if and when you do get a fly rod! There is no better satisfaction than catching a fish on a pattern you tied!

-swordfish

"The definition of Insanity is to continue to do the same thing repeatedly and expect a different outcome, thus by definition, fishing is insanity, we are all insane!"

Another solid roundup Joupdog. I need to find someone other than my brother to join me on my wadefishing expeditions out here so I can start contributing some decent pics. The problem is I am kind of crazy and will march through any brush and even swim through water to get to a decent spot. I'm afraid to ask someone else if they are willing to do the same, lol.
    Last edited by Dooze; 11-25-2012 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swordfizh View Post
    I hear ya bud! If I had the means heart to heart right now Id get you going with a 6 to 7 weight setup... May I recommend a Redington Crosswater setup. About 100 bucks on ebay, and a decent starter setup... You seem like a smart young man, so if Santa comes thru, then here you go another piece of information, get yourself a 19.99 fly tying vice and go to town... For materials I recommend www.flytyersdungeon.com The cheapest you will find ever PERIOD and decent quality materials! If you ever decide to go into fishing professionally, this will help you plenty! Good luck and I want to see them reports if and when you do get a fly rod! There is no better satisfaction than catching a fish on a pattern you tied!

-swordfish
    I will look into that for sure, thank you for the input, never was sure on what to get to start with.

Nice pics. Enjoyed the read as well

Banned
    hello
    Welcome to this forum site.
    This forum is all that you need. Currently I am not in position to give you right suggestions so please find an expert and get it done. Hope you get the solution to your problem.
    Top Ten classified website

okay...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast