Flounder and Stone crab are thick

Florida Sportsman

Flounder and Stone crab are thick

I'am Tiderider386 this is my first post! Oct and nov have been great so far. The water is pretty clear,the Flaties are thick meaning lots of them and the weight to. O and the stone crabs are around, I love fishing with rod and reel, but Flounder Giging is like hunting and fishing you cant stick one till u find it! I've seen alot of giging boats out but I have still been filling up my cooler with some 4inch stone crab claws and some flaties at the 18,20,22,inch mark and my biggest flounder so far was a fat 24incher!!!! I know they get bigger out here I've seen some big empty beds I will post some pic's soon I am not great with this kind of stuff so i

Me and a buddy went to Anna Marie island a few weeks ago and there was a bunch of shorts but ended up with a limit of keepers along with catching a small Black Sea bass, the smallest king fish I have seen and a octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by monoxide View Post
    Me and a buddy went to Anna Marie island a few weeks ago and there was a bunch of shorts but ended up with a limit of keepers along with catching a small Black Sea bass, the smallest king fish I have seen and a octopus.
    Did you gig those? I'm redoing a small boat, and I'm thinking of doing some kind of gig lighting set-up for it. I Just don't know if it's done much in my area.

Nice catch BTW.

Nah we got them on rods. We may go gigging one night tho. These were right off city pier.

Tiderider Welcome to the forum & where are you located. Hoping to see some pics esp. the stone crabs.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.

Pictures are posted. Check them out.

I agree on the flounder bite even over on the west coast. I've had flounder 3 times
    In a week. Stone crabs off my dock not bad either. The picture is what I ate for dinner last night.
    One week soak off my dock using mullet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	62468

mmmmmm
    TeamAWE SON!! Fishing
    @team_awe_son