General GPS # entry question help pls,,,,

Florida Sportsman

General GPS # entry question help pls,,,,

SO - when entering #'s to my GPS, I find it usually easier to take out my memory card and enter waypoints manually on the computer.
    That being said I am unsure as how to enter some types of coordinates correctly.

I'll use this example on the popular dive wreck, Amaryllis.

Latitude: 26 47.29' N
    Longitude: 080 00.97' W

Now, when I am adding a way point, my fresh longitude is always expressed as E/W 00 00.000 on the "New Waypoint"

My question is this - Do I enter .097 or .970 to get my last sequence of #'s for the Longitude of the Amarylis correct?

Cookinman, what you would need to do is in Humminbird PC click on EDIT then Preferences then go to Position format and change it to dd °mm'ss" then you wouldn't add any added numbers to the position making the location off from where you really want to be

Quote Originally Posted by HBirdDeborahCRC View Post
    Cookinman, what you would need to do is in Humminbird PC click on EDIT then Preferences then go to Position format and change it to dd °mm'ss" then you wouldn't add any added numbers to the position making the location off from where you really want to be
    Thank you for the response, but What will that do to the positions that are already entered w 3 SSS numbers? Will it alter them or more importantly - If I were to come across positions w 3 sss#'s would I then need to change Position Formatting manually in H PC each time I were to enter each type?

Quote Originally Posted by HBirdDeborahCRC View Post
    Thank you for the response, but What will that do to the positions that are already entered w 3 SSS numbers? Will it alter them or more importantly - If I were to come across positions w 3 sss#'s would I then need to change Position Formatting manually in H PC each time I were to enter each type?