Florida Insider Fishing Report

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talking Florida Insider Fishing Report

Anyone notice how when they do the east/northeast fishing report and talk about seabass they are showing striped seabass and not the typical ones we catch down here? How am I suppose to give this show credibility?

NVM....
    Last edited by ShallowMinded31; 07-29-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Gotta play nice....
    Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.

Honestly, I just don't see very much usefullness in the TV reports. I DVR them..then fast forward thru the junk so I boil it down to a 5 minute sound bite...Sorry Rick Murphy. I do like the eye candy....I have a thing for spicy latino girls! Anyway, unless you are very new to fishing....Or you need someone to pump you up to go I just don't see much there. Same can be said for FS's "action spotter" too. Fish are creatures of habit and pattern.....they are, generally speaking, in the same spots at the same time every year.....that's why they can write a magazine "report" a month or more in advance.....

Besides, Other than weather....would you not go fishing on your weekend off because some guide says the bite was slow? .....this is nearly always old and second hand news anyway..... the only way to know if fish are biting...is to go!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

I watch the east central report and the new products, always good stuff they show for that part. The rest I FF through.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
    I watch the east central report and the new products, always good stuff they show for that part. The rest I FF through.
    I like Dave Farrel (sp)....the gear part is good to see all the stuff I can't afford! LOL
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

Quote Originally Posted by duckmanJR View Post
    Honestly, I just don't see very much usefullness in the TV reports. I DVR them..then fast forward thru the junk so I boil it down to a 5 minute sound bite...Sorry Rick Murphy. I do like the eye candy....I have a thing for spicy latino girls! Anyway, unless you are very new to fishing....Or you need someone to pump you up to go I just don't see much there. Same can be said for FS's "action spotter" too. Fish are creatures of habit and pattern.....they are, generally speaking, in the same spots at the same time every year.....that's why they can write a magazine "report" a month or more in advance.....

Besides, Other than weather....would you not go fishing on your weekend off because some guide says the bite was slow? .....this is nearly always old and second hand news anyway..... the only way to know if fish are biting...is to go!
    what he said

I agree. I dvr it and FF most of it but do watch the new products showcase with Dave Ferrell. He is more enteraining then "pumped Up" Rick Murphy

Mmmm Toni......

does anyone else think its funny that the regional captains call in and say there is a hot dolphin bite offshore in 120ft of water and the trout bite inshore is really good. and then when rick murphy reads off the region's "hot spots" he says there is a great swordfish bite in 1200 feet and the reds are hitting artificials in 2 foot depths inshore

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBlaze View Post
    Mmmm Toni......
    I agree......I can take a little dose of "hot and spicy" latina...I'd like to see that in 8" heels and a Brazilian thong!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast