The wind blew and blew and blew- Indian River - Nov 18, 2012

Florida Sportsman

The wind blew and blew and blew- Indian River - Nov 18, 2012

Crossing the bridge in Vero I sensed that it might not be the best day on the river. But recognizing that we're true "men of the sea", my bud Terry and I put in at Riverside and headed down to The Moorings in search for some redfish action. Did I mention the wind was blowing? It got rediculous blowing at a steady 20 out of the North kicking the water into a nasty, muddy mess. After a few hours of nothingness, we headed to the south end of Round Island where we tried to drown our supply of live shrimp in the mangroves in a somewhat protected area. What was looking like a bust day got a little brighter with the first of three small snook. Then a small mango appeared, followed by a nice black drum. Three more black drum topped the day off. It wasn't pretty - but it was another great day of fishing - make that catching - on the Indian River.
    GerryS

Good work in tough conditions!

We were chased out of the Mooring on Saturday due to a pesky dolphin that followed us around for an hour trying to steal our fish!

We tried to wade in Stuart yesterday, crazy high tides and wind! We caught some big jacks, but not much happening. Way to find the fish!

I also got blown aroun on the moorings. Tell you what, was not a nice ride back to Vero.