Marine Technician Wanted for Submarine Company
We are hiring again:
Description: OceanGate, Inc. (“OGI”), is currently seeking a full-time permanent Marine Technician to provide support to the day-to-day operations of our growing fleet of manned submersibles and support vehicles.
Responsibilities: The Maine Technician will be able to do the following:
• Competent and safe operation of power tools (Angle grinder, Circular Saw, Drill, Impact driver, Bench grinder etc.)
• Competent and safe operation of hand tools (Wrenches, hammers, hand saw, hydraulic crimp tools)
• Familiarity with basic electrical wiring diagrams, splicing and/or soldering
• Willingness to clean and organize the shop on a regular basis
• Keep communal work area’s clean after completing each project and at end of day
• Wash down and cleaning of support boat (Captain’s discretion)
• Wash down and cleaning of submersible (Pilot’s discretion)
• Familiarity with basic boating courtesy (State Boater’s Card suggested)
• Familiarity with maritime safety
• Learn the skills and comply with company protocol for the position of deckhand
o Aid docking
o Towing procedures
o Crew support
o Relieve boat captain
• Become acquainted with submersible operations, terminology, and support equipment.
• Aid submersible pilots and technicians pre and post dive as well as during servicing.
• Keep maintenance logs and checklists updated and organized
This is a portion of the job description. If you know someone or are interested yourself, please email me at email@example.com for full info!