Gotta love those unions - Page 9

Florida Sportsman

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polar View Post
    Welp, guess spins going on the diet after all
    lolz

Ever wonder where those stray hairs came from inside the twinkies?
    http://www.usatoday.com/videos/money...11/16/1708899/

exposing idiots that encourage entitlement
    tell me again why Unions are good for us

I had an onion bagel today

Regional Administrator Triple Threat 33T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldair View Post
    tell me again why Unions are good for us
    Well, in this particular case, aside from costing 18,000 people their jobs right before the Holidays, they've done their part to stop the systematic cultivation of diabetes in this country. God Bless the Unions.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Quote Originally Posted by DOCKSIDE View Post
    So, with all this said. I'm curious. How many of you educated, work harder than anyone else, I pay my way own way, my employees are lucky to work for me and lucky to have a job in today's world, over taxed forum members have "actually been a Union Member, one who went through a real Apprenticeship program,worked days and schooled nights with a minimum B average to progress to the next level, agreed to volunteer 1 weekend per month to support a local charity of your choice, and actually became a Journeyman ? Just curious... I hear a lot of typical media BS here and not much else... not entering into an argument, unless you want to, ...
    Not many of those "Unions" around. Millwrights, just seems at times, to just hand out union cards, maybe they still do training, but I have seen little evidence of proper training since I was a Millwright and started engineering and over seeing instalations. Even when I was still millwrighting, I had a 30 years in the union member that was assigned to me as a helper journeyman, I don't think the guy had even done much work as millwright. Did seem to vary from location to location.

I know the IBEW stills does a great job on the training, I know several and have worked with many over the years. I know an elevator mechanic that went through all the training also (don't know what union), but really, how many others still have a viable training program.

Besides, most of these these unions, like at Hostess, have no training programs that I know of. You sign on and pay dues.

I'll back a good Union shop that properly trains and has real concerns for the employees.

I've worked Union and have worked as a manager and dealt with union issues.

Worked one place, that had to spend $$$$$ on legal fees etc. to fire someone caught, on site, smoking weed (in a no smoking area to boot). That's the real COST OF A UNION WORKFORCE these days, not being able to FIRE workers that need to be fired. That's money that the company could spend toward pay raises and healthcare.

Don't even get me started on the UAW and there totally stupid union rules.

Don't assume you know the people posting on this board.

That's why you mostly hear about the pay your dues and your in the union unions.

yep, gotta love those unions alright.

Nothing wrong with sticking to a business model that produces crap, with a shelf life jokingly measured in decades.
    Products rumored to be the last thing standing after a Nuclear holocaust, right beside the Roaches and Fire Ants.

A product development team garnered from the last Covered Wagon Company.

The company filed for Bankruptcy a couple of times, them gets hooked up with some Parasite Hedge Funds.

Hostess is akin to the Slide Rule, or perhaps the Abacus. When was the last time anyone here purchased anything from Hostess?

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    yep, gotta love those unions alright.

Nothing wrong with sticking to a business model that produces crap, with a shelf life jokingly measured in decades.
    Products rumored to be the last thing standing after a Nuclear holocaust, right beside the Roaches and Fire Ants.

A product development team garnered from the last Covered Wagon Company.

The company filed for Bankruptcy a couple of times, them gets hooked up with some Parasite Hedge Funds.

Hostess is akin to the Slide Rule, or perhaps the Abacus. When was the last time anyone here purchased anything from Hostess?
    ]
    So, knowing all that, if you worked there and the boss man says we all take an 8% pay cut or we go out of business and none of us have jobs what do you do?
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

0x0=0

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    So, knowing all that, if you worked there and the boss man says we all take an 8% pay cut or we go out of business and none of us have jobs what do you do?
    If I was asked to take a pay cut........which may happen early next year..........i probably would. I can always go look for another job, but I'de be dam foolish to walk away from a paying job in this economy.
    The basic principle of a union is not a bad thing, but money seems to corrupt everything sooner or later. Unions make competing in a global economy almost impossible.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast