Monster Triple Tail off SRQ - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingkid315 View Post
    I'm going to try to catch any triple tail Probally will be off new pass or the jetties. Any tips!? Nice report and photos
    Live shrimp, cover lots of traps, if you dont see them on a line your working like with in 50 floats....... move
    Knowing is better than guessing but luck always helps!

WWW.FLYINGFISHFLEET.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Tim View Post
    They are always out there, I was getting them when it was blowing 20kts out of the east about a week ago. They dont care how rough it is only we do.

Ok I wasn't sure I checked out alot of the crap trap coming back from yest around 4-5pm and I didn't really see any. I was wondering if maybe they didn't like the 1-2 ft waves then. I have caught them in the bay on bouys but never had much luck in the gulf.

I have only seen one that large once. It was in the Keys on debris and I couldn't get a bait to it for all the dolphin and triggers. When I would get close enough to catch it (and keep the other fish off), it would swim off... It was a frustrating day..

Needless to say, Awesome Job!

There have been some big ones around. A buddy got one 15 pounds, Ill see if he can send me the picture....Ive noticed in our area the red buoys shaped as footballs are most productive

There you go another itch i have to scratch..All these years never tried for them??
    larrywitt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12