Where the Ducks at? - Page 5

Florida Sportsman

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I know we are all breathlessly waiting for photos of those "Trophy Ringnecks"......
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic View Post
    Confucius say, lazy man should not be surprised when he find pee-pee in canoe he too lazy to move it.
    I can pee anywhere...what I like is a nice place so sit and drop a duece!
    Canoes have two nice seats...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

Senior Member Capt Jeff Kraynik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duckbone View Post
    Jeff I agree except you kill me with that reverse migration stuff in jan. Your about 2 months early on that one. What you see in Jan. is birds out looking for food because they have ate out and the water dried up their non pressured area's they have been hiding in.
    I take no credit for coining that term.

When I was teaching the duck hunting workshop with Biologist RB, he spoke of this occurring during that time of year.

The way he explained it was the ducks "pulse" back from the southern ends of the flyways.

The flocks just continue to get smaller as the travel south just as they continue to get bigger as they fly back north

One hundred ducks fly south, 10 stop in NC leaving 90, 10 stop in SC leaving 80 & so on & so forth.

If yo can't believe a double Master degreed biologist that got his thesis in the migrations of canvasbacks, who can you believe?
    The Coastal Sportsmen - Alligator & Waterfowl/Light-Tackle Saltwater Flats Fishing on Florida's Space & Treasure Coast's

www.coastalsportsmen.com

https://www.facebook.com/captjeffkraynik?ref=tn_tnmn

some guys named Stu,Left,and FLip left some canoes back up in Flamingo yrs ago...it was fun to join them and learn something.They even said use them if you ever want if were not here. Never seen any poop or pee in them,nor a bunch of girls complain about them.We kept that little secret amongst us girls for yrs without any disturbance.Boy o boy the fishin was good back up in that canal...it's all over FS now for everyone to enjoy. Haven't seen those 3 in the park for yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Jeff Kraynik View Post
    I take no credit for coining that term.

When I was teaching the duck hunting workshop with Biologist RB, he spoke of this occurring during that time of year.

The way he explained it was the ducks "pulse" back from the southern ends of the flyways.

The flocks just continue to get smaller as the travel south just as they continue to get bigger as they fly back north

One hundred ducks fly south, 10 stop in NC leaving 90, 10 stop in SC leaving 80 & so on & so forth.

If yo can't believe a double Master degreed biologist that got his thesis in the migrations of canvasbacks, who can you believe?
    Sorry I'm not buying it I don't care if he was Carl Sagan. I got my degree hunting these ducks in this area for 30yrs. Those trophy teal reverse migrating in april and may sure missed the bus didn't they?
    Last edited by duckbone; 11-16-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by binellishtr View Post
    some guys named Stu,Left,and FLip left some canoes back up in Flamingo yrs ago...it was fun to join them and learn something.They even said use them if you ever want if were not here. Never seen any poop or pee in them,nor a bunch of girls complain about them.We kept that little secret amongst us girls for yrs without any disturbance.Boy o boy the fishin was good back up in that canal...it's all over FS now for everyone to enjoy. Haven't seen those 3 in the park for yrs?
    seeing that they're all approaching the century mark, I don't think they've been dragging canoes in and out of the back of Flamingo.

And the whiner extraordinaire, binellishtr, calling other people complaining girls........priceless.

Flip lives up by T-ville...He's not going to be making many trips down there.....and when he goes I'm sure he'll go with his buddy John D who is one of the premier backcountry guides.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

For actually knowing what happens outside in the marsh...I like the guy who's out there every day over the " I've got an advanced degree" guy.

Ron is a good guy...and knows alot about mottled ducks for sure...but that whole "pair bonding" and "reverse migration in January".... It just isn't "real world". There are more birds in Florida the first two weeks in February than anytime of the year...which is good since that is when we have our youth hunt weekend...which is where our next crop of waterfowlers will be recruited from....it's awesome that they get to tear into them at the peak!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

Senior Member Capt Jeff Kraynik's Avatar
    Ok!!!
    Last edited by Capt Jeff Kraynik; 11-16-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    The Coastal Sportsmen - Alligator & Waterfowl/Light-Tackle Saltwater Flats Fishing on Florida's Space & Treasure Coast's

www.coastalsportsmen.com

https://www.facebook.com/captjeffkraynik?ref=tn_tnmn

Ok!!!
    Hey,...I'm no "guide" and hold no degrees in anything but I am an " anecdotal evidence technician"....so I may be wrong about just about everything that I have seen for the past 48 seasons that I've hunted ducks...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast