Fishing Pet Peeves? - Page 4

Florida Sportsman

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Getting older and not being able to fish 4 times a week anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TightLine904 View Post
    Next time it happens to me,i'm going to tie on a 4oz pyramid and see how many chips and cracks I can cause in their gelcoat.
    While I don't agree with what that boater did to you, your throwing 4oz sinkers at him and his boat is a second degree felony, and I personally would assume (if it were me having 4oz chunks of lead hurled at me) that you were trying to kill me....in which I would have cast multiple chunks of 124gr. hollow point lead back in yourr direction. A) I would never do that to someone fishing from shore. B) I'm not trigger happy and would never be in that situation, nor would I shoot at someone casting sinkers at me....and C) I'm just letting you know that your response is a felony and that most boaters have a weapon on board.....Not threatening you, just a heads up.

Not to mention, all Pathfinder owners are entitled to whatever area they want to fish, yours too....so move next time you see one or have one cruise up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by twirp View Post
    While I don't agree with what that boater did to you, your throwing 4oz sinkers at him and his boat is a second degree felony, and I personally would assume (if it were me having 4oz chunks of lead hurled at me) that you were trying to kill me....in which I would have cast multiple chunks of 124gr. hollow point lead back in yourr direction. A) I would never do that to someone fishing from shore. B) I'm not trigger happy and would never be in that situation, nor would I shoot at someone casting sinkers at me....and C) I'm just letting you know that your response is a felony and that most boaters have a weapon on board.....Not threatening you, just a heads up.

Not to mention, all Pathfinder owners are entitled to whatever area they want to fish, yours too....so move next time you see one or have one cruise up on you.
    LOL...thats all well and good,but I shoot back ;) I usually exercise my right to open carry when I fish.Didnt have it on my side at that time though because I was wading.

Plus,it would have to be PROVEN that I was doing it intentionally.

Of course I could be a little more tactful and just wait for them to cast then cast over them and snag their line and take off running,peeling as much line off their reel as i can before they cut it...lol

I love taking a newbie out fishing, taking them to a new spot, doing all the work, catching bait, rigging up, setting rods, and then when a really nice fish hits, letting them take it. Then after they bring in the fish, they commence to bragging to you about how "they" caught a bigger fish than you.

Senior Member former bluefishinny's Avatar
    we can alllll get along simply.....

Ask yourself before you drop anchor 20 feet away.... Ask yourself before you motor across a flat 20 yards from a kayaker... Ask yourself before you walk over toward a wader and fish 25 yards from them on a 2 mile open flat..... "Would it bother me if they did that to me"

Common courtesy goes a loooong way

Senior Member Gary S. Colecchio's Avatar
    People who beg advice concerning silly stuff they are doing and then ignore it.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Quote Originally Posted by snookcatcher1 View Post
    Eating Taco Bell before I go out on the boat and getting diarrhea. Then having to attempt to straddle & fill a plastic grocery sack - while in 5 foot seas - and not make a mess on the boat deck or down my own hairy leg. Then having to attempt to use the 2nd plastic grocery sack to clean myself up with. Later on in the day ... forgetting about the earlier upset stomach, and biting my finger nails.

This has to be one of the funniest posts of all time. Partly because of the mental image, partly because of the nugget of truth. I about peed myself!!!
    Take out your boat, make a memory!

Guys who do not put their rod in a rod holder when getting a drink or bait. Just leave them sitting against the gunnel for people to trip over.

That is really the only pet peeve, but these are things I try to do when I go on someone else's boat.

Wipe the gunnels off after landing a fish or dropping cut bait on it.

If you get the last piece of cut bait, get some new stuff out of the cooler.

Pull your line up with someone else has a big fish and you are in the way.

Keep your line out of the motors.

Ask others if they would like a drink when you go to the cooler.

Don't tell the other anglers that you have to be back at a certain time, and if you do, let them know "BEFORE" you leave the dock.

Other than that, I am pretty chill.
    Take out your boat, make a memory!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast