Night Time is the Right Time! 11/15/12

Florida Sportsman

Night Time is the Right Time! 11/15/12

Knowing were going to have another cold front soon that will slow down the snook bite, we dropped the kayaks in again tonight. Nowhere near as good as the conditions we had last night, it was a stiff north wind and cooler temperatures. So we paddled to some protected docks and dad picks up a small one right away. On the next dock, he does the same. So now I make a perfect skip under the dock, hook up right away and could tell it was a much better fish. Drag starts ripping off and it tows the yak quickly into the dock. While contemplating whether to flip my bail or not, the decision was taken from me as it broke the braid. So hard to pull out a big fish when it's actually pulling you. The next light we go to was absolutely loaded with fish, we got hit hard on our first few casts, but no takers and then I get another decent snook and not long after that, Dad gets one that was respectable. Given the conditions, it wasn't a bad trip. All fish were caught on DOA Glow CAL's rigged on Scorpion Jig heads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9711.jpg   IMG_0378.jpg   IMG_7997.jpg   IMG_5498.jpg  

Looks like you guys found cheaper way to fish and quite. Some nice snook there.

The bite was really good last night and the wind died down around 9. You must have gone east from sandsprint then

Stay fishin mane!! Instagram: TeamFishology

Great job on the Snook.

Nice job you guys! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmatic View Post
    Looks like you guys found cheaper way to fish and quite. Some nice snook there.
    Not only less expensive, but there's something to be said for simplicity. Grab a rod, couple jigheads and a bag of soft plastics and go! Don't get me wrong....there are definitely times when it's nice to get where you're going quickly, but for now we are enjoying some simple, fun fishing.

Thanks everyone!

HAHAHA. The kayak fishing bug is getting to ya. It really is addictive, I haven't launched the boat in over 2 months cause I've been doing lots of fishing from the yak. actually launching the yak tomorrow !! Nice catches guys..

Tight Lines..

Quote Originally Posted by summer daze View Post
    HAHAHA. The kayak fishing bug is getting to ya. It really is addictive, I haven't launched the boat in over 2 months cause I've been doing lots of fishing from the yak. actually launching the yak tomorrow !! Nice catches guys..
    Goodluck, I'll probably be wading somewhere, maybe I'll see you out there!

Last edited by Joupdog1; 11-16-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post