Fishing Reel Repair - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Rick, I have 2 saltiga 50's and one Fin -nor conventional. The LD 2 speed Saltiga seems to be lacking in the free spool department, it sometimes binds on the drop. The fin nor just needs a tune up and grooming. Any suggestions for the free spool issue? I would like to have you go through these reels, grease, tweak, clean. Is this something you can do? How does the shipping work? Obviously I pay to ship them to you, do you charge me to ship them back after the fact or do I send an all incluswive check with the reels?

Don't even try to pronounce it! Masaryktown, Fl.
    Thanks for contacting me....

You'll pay to ship them to me. I clean and service the reels and ship them back to you. If satisfied with the work, I then invoice you for the service and the return shipping....

Great reels...the Saltiga 2 speed is a workhorse, and holds up very well. Good drag system. My service includes cleaning and greasing the drags as well as removing all bearings, cleaning and greasing them. Those reels are $35 each.

Sometimes the lever drag system binds and wont fully retract from the drag surface. Usually fixed with the cleaning.

The Fin Nor would be $25.

If interested my shipping address is:

Ricks reel service
    16032 Stur St
    Masaryktown, Fl 34604
    Last edited by triumphrick; 04-14-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks Rick, I will ship them next week.

Quote Originally Posted by amigho View Post
    Thanks Rick, I will ship them next week.
    Awesome! I appreciate the business...
    Last edited by triumphrick; 04-14-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Postalita....thanks for bearing with me as we made the tutorials and did the upgrades.

Not everything was in house at the time, and things stretched out a bit longer than I had wanted.

But...everything has shipped....I hope you find your reels and new Momoi line all to your liking!
    Last edited by triumphrick; 04-14-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by triumphrick View Post
    Postalita....thanks for bearing with me as we made the tutorials and did the upgrades.

Not everything was in house at the time, and things stretched out a bit longer than I had wanted.

But...everything has shipped....I hope you find your reels and new Momoi line all to your liking!
    Rick - just got back from my trip. The reels were here and they look awesome! The upgraded handles really make them look nice and I'm sure they'll perform great! Thank you for the great customer experience - you kept me informed at all times and answered my questions promptly and professionally. I appreciate going above and beyond to get them spooled, which saves me a trip to the local tackle shop.

FS members - if you're looking for a professional and customer-service oriented reel repair service, look no further than Rick. He's trustworthy and will do a great job.

Thanks so much for the kind words, Alex.

I'm happy that everything met your expectations...

We talked a lot and did a lot of changes along the way...it is super to have customers as agreeable and stand-up as yourself!

And in case anyone is not aware....I will not bill anyone for the work I do until the reels have been returned and you are completely satisfied....

Alex, I will get an invoice out to you tomorrow.

Again...thank you!

pm sent on a reel service!

Rick,

I've got a couple of 2nd Gen Penn 750 SS Reels I've had for quite some time now. I usually have done the cleaning and maintainance since they are pretty simple mechanically and quite the workhorses. However based on what I See here I will definately send some of my other reels up as they need maintainance in the future. However, To your knowledge, is there an aftermarket reel handle or Knob that would upgrade these Penns. Id use em a WHOLE lot more if they weren't such a nightmare to crank on compared to some of the newly designed med / high quality spinners Im growing accustomed to.....AND do you sell any of those upgraded handles that would fit?

Heck yes...and I am having a special until the end of the year.

I have a black round knob that would go very well with that reel....the stock handle can be drilled to accept the knob..

If you would send me an email with your FS sceenname so I know who you are, I will send some pics tomorrow when I head back out to the shop.

If you send the reel in for cleaning, it is only $16...and I would mount the knob on the handle while it is here.

Thanks! Let me know...I can give you my shipping address

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast