Johnny Football.... - Page 4

Florida Sportsman

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50
  1. #31
    Senior Member Larry Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,007
    Quote Originally Posted by peariver View Post
    The kid is amazing. Can't believe Mack Brown and Texas passed on giving him an offer. He was the difference in the game and should be considered in the Heisman talks.
    Really? I mean about Texas passing on him?

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like 2 know
    Posts
    3,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Gator View Post
    He has a lot of poise for any college QB - let alone a freshman. Tuscalosa is a pressure cooker and he just stayed cool and made plays. Very impressive.
    or he just didn't know any better and had nothing to loose since nobody expected them to win.

  3. #33
    Senior Member RedBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,787
    Tamu expected to win.

  4. #34
    Senior Member peariver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SW Georgia
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
    Really? I mean about Texas passing on him?
    That is what the announcers said during the game, I assumed it to be true.

  5. #35
    Senior Member RedBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by peariver View Post
    The kid is amazing. Can't believe Mack Brown and Texas passed on giving him an offer. He was the difference in the game and should be considered in the Heisman talks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
    Really? I mean about Texas passing on him?
    Quote Originally Posted by peariver View Post
    That is what the announcers said during the game, I assumed it to be true.

    Mack Brown was also very hot on John Brantley. Just saying.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte Harbor
    Posts
    11,848
    Alabama has been overrated since day 1 of this season. They played 2 tough games and almost lost them both.

  7. #37
    Senior Member peariver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SW Georgia
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Buttons View Post
    Alabama has been overrated since day 1 of this season. They played 2 tough games and almost lost them both.

    I don't think Bama was overrated but I do think AJ McCarron becoming part of the Heisman talk got our offensive philosophy out of sink. This past Saturday we attempted 34 passes and AJ was forced to run 5 times, that is 39 pass plays to 26 running plays. Alabama's game plan is always 50/50 pass and run. Getting away from it almost got us beat in Baton Rouge and it did get us beat in Tuscaloosa.

  8. #38
    Moderator ZimmerNole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Plantation, FL
    Posts
    6,928
    Quote Originally Posted by peariver View Post
    I don't think Bama was overrated but I do think AJ McCarron becoming part of the Heisman talk got our offensive philosophy out of sink. This past Saturday we attempted 34 passes and AJ was forced to run 5 times, that is 39 pass plays to 26 running plays. Alabama's game plan is always 50/50 pass and run. Getting away from it almost got us beat in Baton Rouge and it did get us beat in Tuscaloosa.
    This guy know what he is talking about! I'd buy you a beer, bama jammer or not.

    LSU exposed some weakness in the secondary. You can tell TAMU's staff had watched PLENTY of film and got the team prepared for the game. The aggressive/blitzing scheme they put on the field was well executed and worked. The lone weakness beaing a big play or two (potential game changers) see the TD catch by Amari Cooper. They rattled McCarron, stacked the box, eliminated the run and overall put a better product on the field.

    Bama may be the better team, but not on Saturday in T-town!

    Now, we will have the lowest rated BCS title game in the past 10 years, book it.
    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>----->

    2013 Hobie Outback

    www.Extremekayakfishing.com

    2013 Florida Sportsman College Football Bowl Pick 'em challenge CHAMPION!

  9. #39
    Senior Member Indian Riverkeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jensen Beach, Florida
    Posts
    279
    Just watched the game again.. A&M won this time too! Woot!!!

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like 2 know
    Posts
    3,938
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimmerNole View Post
    Now, we will have the lowest rated BCS title game in the past 10 years, book it.
    That was last years. MNCG. IF ND is is in it this year it will have a huge rating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •