legalized marijuana for recreational use - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    i did answer. you can't answer my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakjoe View Post
    Up front, I dont smoke it but have no right to tell you not to so I am fine with legalization. However, should taxpayers pick up the tab for addiction, time off work, etc? My thought is if you have the right to smoke it then you have the responsibility to have to manage any adverse consequences on your dime. Will rehab programs be paid for by taxes from the sale of marijuana or will it be treated more broadly under public health??

joe
    How are these issues handled before?

Why would they be handled differently?

Quote Originally Posted by heathen View Post
    i did answer. you can't answer my answer.
    oh yeah...well....
    Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
    once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

basically my concern is this...we already have vices that people use that often require taxpayer money to clean up the mess they cause...maily booze and tobacco. my personal thought is i should not have to pay for the damage for your bad habits. since we are legalizing a potential bad habit i am curious what mechanism is in place to deal with that?
    joe
    Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
    once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

where do you draw the line on "damage" caused by your bad habits?

tobacco? alcohol? fatty foods? pepsi?

More money is wasted in trying to police/enforce MJ laws than will be spent dealing w/MJ 'Addiction'... since MJ is much less addictive than almost all other legal & illegal drugs of abuse... (does that help answer your question, or is it rhetorical ???)

Quote Originally Posted by reel stamas View Post
    More money is wasted in trying to police/enforce MJ laws than will be spent dealing w/MJ 'Addiction'... since MJ is much less addictive than almost all other legal & illegal drugs of abuse... (does that help answer your question, or is it rhetorical ???)

Just drink the god d*mned koolaid!

Quote Originally Posted by SWFL_F1sh0n View Post
    UH?
    Its 7.30 AM and you already won the moron trophy for the day. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by reel stamas View Post
    no argument there. just wondering what mechanisms are in place to deal with it. to answer green grin boy i would draw the line at food. you have to eat but you dont have to smoke or drink booze. it is an arbitrary line to be sure but that is where mine would be

joe

but you don't have to eat fatty food and guzzle pepsi to survive.

Banned
    Yeah right, they are gonna be able to excute a tax on a plant that grows in ditches everywhere!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast