Quote from Frederic Bastait

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quote from Frederic Bastait

Society is composed of men, and every man is a FREE agent. Since man is free, he can choose; since he can choose, he can err; since he can err, he can suffer. I go further: He must err and he must suffer; for his starting point is ignorance, and in his ignorance he sees before him an infinite number of unknown roads, all of which save one lead to error.

I find this quote interesting. we all want the freedom to make our own choices but too many then expect others to step in and bail them out when those choices produce undesired consequences. If you havent read any of Bastait's works I recommend them. Even if you disagree it is interesting

joe
    Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
    once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

Quote Originally Posted by kayakjoe View Post
    Society is composed of men, and every man is a FREE agent. Since man is free, he can choose; since he can choose, he can err; since he can err, he can suffer. I go further: He must err and he must suffer; for his starting point is ignorance, and in his ignorance he sees before him an infinite number of unknown roads, all of which save one lead to error.

I find this quote interesting. we all want the freedom to make our own choices but too many then expect others to step in and bail them out when those choices produce undesired consequences. If you havent read any of Bastait's works I recommend them. Even if you disagree it is interesting

joe
    Joe, I agree that men can choose and that he can err and can suffer. But I go further, he can choose compassion and service to his fellow man who is suffering either through fault of his own or otherwise. He can take his focus off of himself and turn it in a better direction, the direction of love.

Bud A

Quote Originally Posted by Buda View Post
    Joe, I agree that men can choose and that he can err and can suffer. But I go further, he can choose compassion and service to his fellow man who is suffering either through fault of his own or otherwise. He can take his focus off of himself and turn it in a better direction, the direction of love.

Bud A
    Totally agree Bud. However compassion should be a choice, not a government forced mandate.

joe
    Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
    once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

Compassion is good business.

Totally agree Bud. However compassion should be a choice, not a government forced mandate.

joe
    Compassion by choice, and not with other people's money. There's the difference.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    Compassion is good business.
    So is holding a gun and robbin' hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by old thompson View Post
    So is holding a gun and robbin' hoods.
    Sounds like the next great business model.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SWFL_F1sh0n View Post
    Sounds like the next great business model.
    Yeah, think Soloyndra. Great Business.

Quote Originally Posted by old thompson View Post
    Yeah, think Soloyndra. Great Business.
    Took it more generic as robbing "hoods". Criminals like drug dealers, Torturers, and people like Mittens.

Banned
    I find this quote interesting. we all want the freedom to make our own choices but too many then expect others to step in and bail them out when those choices produce undesired consequences.
    Consequences are a good thing. Good all the time too. We Americans have been conditioned in public schools to believe that only correct answers are good, but that it total B.S.

If people are not Free to make mistakes, how is anyone going to learn anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast