Why Republicans continue to lose

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    God's Country-Texas and Quepos, Costa Rica

Why Republicans continue to lose

I am going to preface what I say by pointing out I am neither Republican nor Democrat. I am a Libertarian. Democrats for all their faults are not hypocrites while the Republicans are. A couple of examples are, while republicans say they are for smaller less intrusive they are anything but in that they decry spending yet will increase DOD spending even when military doesn't want it. They also say less intrusive government yet are happy to tell a poor young woman she can't choose her birth control of choice and would tell her she can not have an abortion. As an old guy myself it is not my place to tell her what she can or can't do with her on body. Finally, why do heterosexuals think they should be able to tell queers what they can do?

If republicans would concentrate on financial issues they would be better off.

My. 02
    Deo Vindice

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkerboy View Post
    I am going to preface what I say by pointing out I am neither Republican nor Democrat. I am a Libertarian. Democrats for all their faults are not hypocrites while the Republicans are. A couple of examples are, while republicans say they are for smaller less intrusive they are anything but in that they decry spending yet will increase DOD spending even when military doesn't want it. They also say less intrusive government yet are happy to tell a poor young woman she can't choose her birth control of choice and would tell her she can not have an abortion. As an old guy myself it is not my place to tell her what she can or can't do with her on body. Finally, why do heterosexuals think they should be able to tell queers what they can do?

If republicans would concentrate on financial issues they would be better off.

My. 02

a good description of the republican issues prior to the election and what they face in the future:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83305.html

people need to stop buying it's the other parties fault, both parties are screwing us over.

Republicans keep losing because they keep going out of their way to offend all the fastest growing demographic groups in the electorate.

Banned
    Rebulicans say they want less government and they will increase the size of it any way they have to till you believe them....

The GOP suffers from a lack of brand management.......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Reps lost because they aren't conservative enough. BTW - conservatism is NOT using the federal gov't as a tool to solve social problems. As much as I am against abortion and gay marriage it's not the job of my president to worry about such things. Keep us fiscally solvent and keep us safe. Let the states decide the rest. That's the BEAUTY of living in a republic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by james 14 View Post
    The Reps lost because they aren't conservative enough. BTW - conservatism is NOT using the federal gov't as a tool to solve social problems. As much as I am against abortion and gay marriage it's not the job of my president to worry about such things. Keep us fiscally solvent and keep us safe. Let the states decide the rest. That's the BEAUTY of living in a republic.
    Again -

If the Republicans focus attention on how the economy does under their watch then people would realize that the Democrats do a better job on the economy ... that's not generally a winning strategy

http://www.amazon.com/Bulls-Bears-Ba...the+Ballot+Box
    "A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history... with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
    Mitch Ratcliffe, Technology Review

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast