Lanark 11/3

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Lanark 11/3

Lanark 11/3

Dunked the Pathfinder this weekend on her second madian voyage! Due to some sleepy kids we were not able to get of Tally early like I wanted!! Low tide was around 11:00 and we ended up gettin there at 10:30 and as you know gettin around on Low Tide is not easy with a big boat. Got my battery problem fixed with two new cranker and the big Yammy fired right up this time and we were on our way to find a tug on our lines. Little did I know what an epic day it would be!! Decided to fish around Lanark as I had got some good reports from fishin buddies of trout and redfish being caught. Had a few numbers in the GPS that had been productive in the past so we headed over to them and did little for over an hour due to low tide except catch pinfish for bait. Around 12:30 Mackenzie's drag starts screamin and she had something big on her pinfish, 15 minutes later with a little help she lands this big Redfish between 20-25lbs! WOW!!

Not 20 minutes later little ole Mackenzie is fishin a Cajun Thunder/14oz Jig/3" Shrimp Gulp and she hooks another big Red, dang she is good!! 10 minutes later we land another good fish and this 11 year old girl is puttin on a schoolin on us!! Not to be outdone the GF (Trisha) puts the smack down on a nice big red after lunch! She was fishin lighter tackle than the kids and has her hands full as drags were a-zingin on this big red. 10 min later we land this nice red on CT/1/4 oz jig/gulp!

The fishing cooled down for a while and we caught a few small trout, sand/white trout, and blue fish. On the other hand we did have a few big reds blow up on our Cajun Thunder and thought they would be a good dinner and totally missed our Gulp. Not 2 be out done by Mackenzie the GF hooks another biggger red on the same set-up. After a 15min battle she lands her second big red!! Girls 4 - Guys 0!! OUCH!! After a long day on the water the I finally hook up on a nice red on light tackle. Great fight and this was our 5th big red of the day!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Redfish 11-2012.jpg   Redfish 1.jpg   Redfish 11.jpg   Redfish 17.jpg   Redfish14.jpg  

Excellent! Way to go!

Nice reds! Good times, especially getting kids on some fish.

That is a great trip!

Nice reds!

Sounds like fun