Need Suggestions!!
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
    Cape Coral, Matlacha, Pine Island, Sanibel

Question Need Suggestions!!

Ok so right now I am in the process of deciding between the following two fishfinder models for my kayak. Now I know there is a very simiar forum post but I've narrowed it down to the following (3). It seems like the Humminbird models have a much greater depth range (needed for offshore) and are better priced. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

Humminbird 581i HD DI Combo.....$299.99

OR

Humminbird 587ci HD DI Combo.....$449.99

OR

Lowrance Elite-5.....MSRP: $549.00

Both are GPS/Fishfinder units. The Humminbird model has the Down Imaging technology to 350ft. 100ft more than the Lowrance model and also has the ability to switch to the standard sonar with a depth range of 600ft. Whereas with the Lowrance model its one or the other. Seems like an easy choice. Just wondering if I was missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jvanpelt View Post
    Ok so right now I am in the process of deciding between the following two fishfinder models for my kayak. Now I know there is a very simiar forum post but I've narrowed it down to the following (3). It seems like the Humminbird models have a much greater depth range (needed for offshore) and are better priced. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

Humminbird 581i HD DI Combo.....$299.99

OR

Humminbird 587ci HD DI Combo.....$449.99

OR

Lowrance Elite-5.....MSRP: $549.00

Both are GPS/Fishfinder units. The Humminbird model has the Down Imaging technology to 350ft. 100ft more than the Lowrance model and also has the ability to switch to the standard sonar with a depth range of 600ft. Whereas with the Lowrance model its one or the other. Seems like an easy choice. Just wondering if I was missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Go to the boat show this weekend and check them out. I bought my Raymarine at 1/2 price there last year.

Lowrance over Humminbird, hands down. Just my .02. Humminbird has always been geared towards the freshwater market. Lowrance has a long history with bottomfinders. I'm sure others may chime in and differ, but this has been my experience and what I have had on my last 3 boats. I use them both, frequently Also.
    K

Lowrance