where are the seatrout

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

where are the seatrout

Drove up A1A and put my canoe in along the roadside fished up and down the shoreline both near and far ended up with a lizard fish. Went to sailfish flats around 12:30 and ran into jacks and ladyfish it was fun but not what I was after. I was using the ususal jigs and topwater plugs I normally use but I guess the have seen them before and didn't want to play. I am planning a trip to sebastian when the flounder run hopefully will have better luck then.

Quote Originally Posted by paddleharder View Post
    Drove up A1A and put my canoe in along the roadside fished up and down the shoreline both near and far ended up with a lizard fish. Went to sailfish flats around 12:30 and ran into jacks and ladyfish it was fun but not what I was after. I was using the ususal jigs and topwater plugs I normally use but I guess the have seen them before and didn't want to play. I am planning a trip to sebastian when the flounder run hopefully will have better luck then.
    Try north of the Jensen causeway on the west side. Wade, kayak, or canoe those grassy flats near the docks. Water temps are really wacky right now so that's part of why some aren't catching trout and pompano

Stay fishin mane!! Instagram: TeamFishology

We are still getting fair numbers on the west side up by the powerlines on DOA Shrimp.

They have been hitting good around boy scout island, south of stuart causeway.

Glow shrimp has worked great for us this week with the water quality.

Fished the east side up near the power plant this weekend and only managed a few, biggest being 22". LOTS of ladyfish and jack though..caught a FAT, 25" spanish mack in 1 1/4' of water alsoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	digital 132.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	57481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	digital 131.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	57482

Tight Lines..

Sailfish flats and any of the flats near the powerplant will almost always have trout. Why look for trout when the pomps should showing up good soon.

what's the best way to get to sailfish flats via yak? THanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlux View Post
    what's the best way to get to sailfish flats via yak? THanks
    By paddling!

there are 3 launches for sailfish flats. 1. small pier right across from bathtub beach 2. Path across from stuart rocks 3. small beach area across form the house of refuge. Fish from the docks all the way out to boyscout island. You'll finds lots of fish out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast