Thursday Night in Blacksburg it doesn't get much better - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Really Mark?

I'm looking forward to the game. I hope I can stay awake until its decided. I see it as a win-win.

FSU wins, then they are on their course with destiny to face the only worthy opponent, BAMA, with an equally intergalactic-allstar quality defense and an offense on par with that magnificent Jimbo's scoring machine.

FSU loses to another pitiful ACC foe, well we all know how enjoyable that is.

I have never been there but it looks like it rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by gatormark View Post
    VA TECH? just another non ranked has been of the acc. Do they really televise these acc games with VaTech? I mean they suck. Oh wait, its on thursday night. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA Rubs opposite the LSU vs BANA replay on ESPNU. Bet the replay will get better ratings BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA
    My favorite posts are the ones in which Mark tells other posters to grow up.

^^^^Tryhard? (meant for gatormark)

Go Noles!
    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>----->

2013 Hobie Outback

www.Extremekayakfishing.com

2013 Florida Sportsman College Football Bowl Pick 'em challenge CHAMPION!

Hope Jimbo packed some antifreeze. Temp at game time should be about 40 degrees.

copoutfishing.com

I know I'll be ingesting some "antifreeze".

Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post
    My favorite posts are the ones in which Mark tells other posters to grow up.
    Wonder if his wife read that post ?

Banned
    For just the second time this season, No. 6 Florida State will take on a true road environment.

A raucous crowd and a chilly climate await the Seminoles as they head north to take on Virginia Tech on Thursday night. The Hokies are just 4-5 this season, but are 4-0 at Lane Stadium.

Florida State vs. Virginia Tech

When: 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
    Records: FSU 8-1, 6-1 ACC
    Virginia Tech 4-5, 2-3 ACC.
    Where: Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, Va.
    Series: FSU leads 22-12-1.
    Lane Stadium seats just 65,632 fans, but is considered one of the toughest environments in all of college football, especially on a Thursday night. FSU has only faced one true road test thus far in 2012 (Miami and South Florida each had large contingents of Seminole fans on hand) which turned out to be a 17-16 loss to North Carolina State in Raleigh, N.C.
    "It's a great atmosphere," said FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher. "It's one of the bigger and louder ones [in the ACC] for sure. Their folks get real behind things, especially on Thursday nights. We were up there on a Saturday a couple years ago and it got pretty loud - great atmosphere. They've always had great tradition."

Under Fisher, FSU is just 8-5 on the road and 2-1 this season. Despite the loss at N.C State, Fisher thinks this team is mature enough to handle a tough environment in Blacksburg.

EJ Manuel said despite VT's record, he expects to face a championship-caliber Hokies team.
    "That's where I think maturity comes in and we've been on the road already a few times, so I think that will help out a little bit," he said. "We've just got to revert back and communicate."

In addition to a rowdy crowd, FSU will also have to stay focused against a Hokie team with its back against the wall. VT needs to win two of its final three games to become bowl-eligible for a 20th consecutive season.

When toe meets leather on Thursday night, FSU knows they likely won't see a Virginia Tech team that resembles a 4-5 record. Instead they expect to see what many believed the Hokies would be in the preseason.

"We'd be fools to think that we are not going to get their best game of the year," said FSU quarterback EJ Manuel. "They may have played not as good as they usually played in years past but I don't think we are going to see the same team that we see on film the past couple of weeks.

"We are going to see a great team, extreme energy, guys flying around getting to the ball fast. That's what I have been telling my teammates, we have been stressing that all week. We have had some great practices, which I am very confident about and proud of but I know that we are going to get their 'A' game this coming Thursday."

Manuel said that a quick start on Thursday could be FSU's best chance to combat a fired up VT team. The Virginia native pointed to FSU's quick starts at home in blowout victories over the likes of Wake Forest, Duke and Boston College as the biggest difference of playing at home and on the road for FSU.

Fisher agrees with Manuel that a quick start would be huge for the Seminoles on the road against VT.

"It gives you confidence on the road and you put pressure on people if you can do that," Fisher said. "Whether you're at home or on the road you play well early you put pressure on people that makes them have to match you or do things and puts urgency on them. It's always important. I don't think you ever win a game in the first five minutes but I think you can set a tone for it and dictate how it goes."

No matter how things go for FSU early on Thursday, offensive tackle Cameron Erving said that communication will be the only thing that matters in hostile Lane Stadium.

"We just have to stay together and play together," Erving said. "That's point-blank period, end of the discussion right there. We just have to stick together and play together as a team, because nobody in that stadium wants us to win this game. We just have to play together."

It will be chilly. If it is actually competetive, then FSU has issues.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast