Looking for a decent reel for this surf rod?

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a decent reel for this surf rod?

I recently purchased this surf rod and I am looking for a good reel under $80 for it. Here is the rod: http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...10051_11099_-1 . Does anyone have any suggestions for a good reel to use with this rod at the beach?

Banned
    Absolutely. An $80 Okuma reel.

Perfect!

Get a daiwa BG... Imho the best reel you can possibly get for surf fishing for under $400...
    The daiwa is easily maintained and can sails be taken apart for cleaning and fixing if necessary. In my experience it holds up better to sand than any other real I have tried...

2) of these in SS8000 (fish 1 for a few seasons 'til it dies & you still have a new reel for the next few seasons)
    http://www.jandh.com/tica-scrambler-...ing-reels.html
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' / 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons or Limits

Thank you all for your replies. Looks like I have some good decisions to make. What size reel would you all recommend for the rod I listed?

I like my Penn's even the cheap ones are still great reels I have a battle 8000 and two of the Wal-Mart frc 8000 and they have been working for years

Here is a cheap reel that works for me. I have two that I have been using for over four years. They are listed as saltwater reels, but the spools will corrode if you do not take care of them. I guess that is true of anything you use in saltwater. Go to Cabela's website and look at their Salt Striker spinning reels. Their largest reel on sale right now for 49.95 and has been rated by nearly 300 buyers.

Pick up a Penn 7500ss...maybe 8500ss. Easily cleaned, maintained, replacement parts, under$100, plenty of line capacity, reliable, ect...

Daiwa BG60- daiwa BG90 for under 100 bucks...

Daiwa BG60- daiwa BG90 for under 100 bucks
    can you get these anywhere besides bass pro?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast