Flounder Report SI/inshore Sebastian

Florida Sportsman

Flounder Report SI/inshore Sebastian

Overall I would say it has been a decent flounder season. Great fish, just not in the numbers I would hope.

SI 2nd week of Nov: Fished a hand full of times with decent success; I did suffer a sunk one black Thursday. The highlight was this nice 9.5 pounder that was caught from the rocks on a live finger mullet pined to the bottom.

SI Nov. 26th: A beautify day at the inlet but it was PACKED for a Monday. Fished from a boat w/ a friend of mine and only managed a few rats that got kicked back and this one nice 7 pounder, all on finger mullet.

SI Nov. 29th: Fished the rocks with finger mullet for 3 hours and got skunked, moving on…

Sebastian Inshore Dec 1: Fished with DuckmanJR using light gear for our typical inshore targets Redfish, Trout, and Snook. Big Flounder are caught sometimes as you can see from JR’s many post’s however they are not our “target” as we are fishing with jigs and soft plastics on the flats. The morning started off with me missing the hookset on a nice Red and progressed into what I would call a slow morning with just a handful of trout between the two if us. How quickly thing can change… working a sand bottom (there is no grass in Sebastian) mangrove shoreline I get thumbed by something that came in very slow pulling hardly any drag but it was HEAVY. The flounder gets within 10 feet of the boat and I yell ‘ Joe it’s a huge flounder get the ******* net! The flounder then proceeds to make multiple 50 yard plus runs screaming line off my 3000 Stradic spooled with 10lb braid. After a solid 10-12 min fight the beast comes off the bottom and JR makes an expert stab with the net. By FAR my biggest Flounder on artificial; 8 pounds with a tail of a true monster.

Sunday SI
    Two more beast on finger mullet caught from boat on incoming tide.

Good luck everyone!

Go Gators!

Nice work on the flounders Adam.....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Sweet....Duckman is THE man for finding fish! Hope to fish with him again one day. Congrats DuPont!!

Awesome job!

Very nice fish on rod and reel!!!
    Bad Fish Must Die!!

General Fishing Administrator Docked Wages's Avatar
    tight work, biggest flatties I have seen this season!
    Mark Wilson