Near offshore out of Red Fish Pass

Florida Sportsman

Near offshore out of Red Fish Pass

Tileman and i ran out of the pass around 7AM,last time out was not good red tide was all over..Ran to my fist spot water for this close looked good 7 miles bottom was covered with fish.. Grunts were on the feed small reds mixed in,Marys favorite eating fish..Then moved to next spot water was also good clear with no particulate about 10 miles out..Bottom was alive with fish more grunt and nice lane snapper mixed in..Time drop down a live bait on a heavier bottom rod,bam rod gets hit nice red Frank is still using lighter spin rod,BAM his rod gets hit BAM his rod brakes now he is rocked up..(he was still fishing for lanes with squid) so there goes the indestructible UGLY STIK..LOL
    Now a water spout shows up on the horizon moving towards us, Frank hooks up and land a keeper red..Now he wants to stay,i want to move,we move.
    Ran to pace caught nice Blue fish biggest one for me..Time to head inClick image for larger version. 

Name:	11-5-12 001.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	57292
    We were cleaning fish till dark can`t wait till the fish hit the fryer..
    larrywitt

Nice report Larry. Looked like the seas weren't too rough. Did you see any surface action or bait on the top? I was hoping that storm would blow the red tide out of here, but that might not be the case.

There was no surface action ,no birds..Our original plan was to do some trolling,then bottom fish ..we scrapped that plan we had a balloon out with a tomtate under it no takers or lookers.. no sign of red tide were we were fishing..
    the day before i ran out to the causeway reef just to take a look..The water was kind of a brownish red dirty color,not a pretty picture,it looked like clouds under water??water is cooling off close in bite should get better.. miles out or more..
    larrywitt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-5-12 002.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	57426

heres the pic I took larry! Ithought I'd say it was me!