Found some old tools while in North Carolina (pics posted) - Page 5

Florida Sportsman

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Youre crazier than a shizzhouse rat.
    Yeah, I am not so sure these guys worked with ladies shoes.

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Now we all know he can't post pics until they are a few years old, like his cooking pics.
    For PD, since he obviously has to go out to eat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010146.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	62612

Stuffed smoked Pablano peppers, done last night.

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Yeah, I am not so sure these guys worked with ladies shoes.
    Whatever. Not sure of the size of what you have there but the tool we would use was 20-24" long. Heavy steel. We had to use soft cloth over the hole where it touched the outside of the finish on the she so it would not mar it or tear the leather. Do you really think I would make this up? That is exactly what the tool looked like except it had a a different handle. Like I said, it is probable that the shoe guys adapted something from another use for this. You don't have to tell anyone as it's hanging on your pole barn wall that I said it's a ladies shoe stretcher...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Whatever. Not sure of the size of what you have there but the tool we would use was 20-24" long. Heavy steel. We had to use soft cloth over the hole where it touched the outside of the finish on the she so it would not mar it or tear the leather. Do you really think I would make this up? That is exactly what the tool looked like except it had a a different handle. Like I said, it is probable that the shoe guys adapted something from another use for this. You don't have to tell anyone as it's hanging on your pole barn wall that I said it's a ladies shoe stretcher...LOL!
    I would say they are easily that length Holt. Maybe he used them for something else. There is some writing on the side. I will try and see if I can make it out.

Best I can make out is +++++ning, Fulton, Ill.

Quote Originally Posted by stringle View Post
    Like a dumbass I tried this last month with a pipe wrench...DO NOT DO IT.
    What did the coke do? Nothing I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Stuff works pretty good. Here are some pics. Some stuff is obvious, but some not. Anyone know what they are, let me know.

That thing with the pliers handles is used to set the offset (set the drag) on a handsaw after sharpening.

Something about Fulton Ill. Rings a bell in my head. Like we had a lot of shoe tools made there. Not sure. We had a whole box of different types of shoe stretchers. That was for the toe of pointy ladies shoes or to ease the spot where a bunion would be painful.

Looks like you got yourself a bunion stretcher!

Finally! A Stretcher that is the ultimate solution for people with bunion issues. If your favorite pair of shoes is in need of stretching only in one particular spot, this is what you really need. This well constructed heavy cast iron gadget can be clamped on for easy stretching. With the help of this amazing stretcher, shoes could be left to stretch naturally overnight. Use of our shoe stretcher solution is recommended for best results. One size fits all.

Suggested use of Ball & ring shoe stretcher :

Place ball part on inside and ring part on the outside of shoe at the point that is causing trouble.
    Put pressure on by hand until there is sufficient stretch of the leather into the ring.
    Hold it with one hand and screw down the knob with other hand to hold it in place.

DO NOT APPLY EXCESSIVE PRESSURE BY MEANS OF THE SCREW KNOB.

Let stand several hours. Repeat if needed.

http://www.shoetreemarketplace.com/P...er_p/80380.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Something about Fulton Ill. Rings a bell in my head. Like we had a lot of shoe tools made there. Not sure. We had a whole box of different types of shoe stretchers. That was for the toe of pointy ladies shoes or to ease the spot where a bunion would be painful.
    Tons of them come up under "bunion stretcher" on Google images: https://www.google.com/search?q=buni...NImhqwGD24CwDw

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast