11/5/12 FP Surf

Florida Sportsman

Thread: 11/5/12 FP Surf

11/5/12 FP Surf

Woke up this and checked here for some new reports and read Longs report of some nice pomps on the beach. That was enough to roll out of bed. Stopped off and got some fz shrimp and clams. Went to a beach between the plant and FP inlet that I have had pretty good luck at. Set up shop and set out one rig with shrimp and one with clam strips. Had steady action on both. Found what I went there for Pomps but they were all 6-8in. Caught 8 or so along with tons of jacks, whiting and a double hookup of a catfish and bonnet head. Met a guy out there that keeps sand fleas alive for days by keeping them in a sock and dipping them in salt water a couple times a day. Never new you could do that! Gonna have to try again for them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonnet.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	57179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pomp.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	57177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surf.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	57178

Nice job on the target species and the double hookup!! There are definitely a lot more small ones than big right now. I gotta travel to coral gables early tomorrow for work, but plan on heading out for an hr or so Wednesday morning to see if I can get some lunch for the fam. Lmk if you want to meet up.

Might be working Wednesday. Ill know in the am if not im in.