11/5 Stuart flats

Florida Sportsman

11/5 Stuart flats

Left sandsprint around 9am with my friend and set out for the flats. Had trouble finding mullet around the boat ramp and nothing nearby so had to run to one of the spoil islands and had more then enough to last for the day. Started our drift and the day started off slow. AJ was picking up fish here and there then I get wacked, instincts tell me it's a pompano and sure enough the first legal size pompano of the season. On ice it went and back trying for more. We ended up catching dozens of jacks and lady fish but nothing much else. Had to bring AJ back for work and I went back out and went to the beaches and jiged for pompano and catch two very very small ones. Came back in and picked up more jacks, ladys, and a few catfish. No much going on unless you were at pecks lake catching mackerel or offshore trolling. Try again after the cold front for the pompano.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	57138
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Stay fishin mane!! Instagram: TeamFishology

nice job! always great to get the first one of the season

its been hit and miss or too small. water temps really jumped from yesterday by 3-4 degrees might try shoreline pomps to see if the action is better there

Nice pics. Wtg on your first keeper of the season.

Looking to target them this weekend but the wind forecast isn't looking to good. may have to stay inside and chase em.

Tight Lines..

Caught this pomp by shear luck on a live shrimp and way back towards the bridge. Saw captain Dave and a few others out near sailfish point but didn't look like they had any luck?? The pompano are here today gone tomorrow so I try not to beat myself up trying to catch them. Heard from Jensen causeway north has been good but can't say specifically where they are being caught cause they move around so much.