NMZ fishing 11-1-12

Florida Sportsman

Hybrid View

NMZ fishing 11-1-12

Got a couple days off from work so decided to do a little fishing today following the first cool front of the season. With no set plan where to go I saw a Facebook post from a buddy of mine, Steve Brand. He was planning on hitting the No Motor Zone/KARS Park area. After texting him and inviting myself along (thanks Steve ) we made plans to meet this morning. We launched a began our trip to an area we figured would be holding some fish. Actually we had no clue where to go. Our no-plan theory paid off. The early bite was slow but when the sun got a little higher and warmed up the flats it was game on. It was red-trout-red-trout all morning. Highlight of my day was a 30 inch red sight fished five feet off the nose of my yak. One of the coolest eats I've seen. Steve poled up on a 40+ inch snook which blew out before he could get a cast to it. for a last minute decision on where to fish it was a great day. Hittin it again tomorrow.....

Tight Lines !!
    Alan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30 in.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	56646
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AB trout.jpg   good trout.jpg   red 1.jpg   S red1.jpg   S red2.jpg   S trout.jpg  

Thats good to hear. I will be up there tomm also.

Standing in the water...BRRRR...I was cold standing on the nose of my skiff...

Good job!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Nice job. I am headed up there saturday. Lookin for an overslot on fly. Any black drum yet?

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Nice job. I am headed up there saturday. Lookin for an overslot on fly. Any black drum yet?
    Saw a few drum but they were picky.....no takers.

How was the water clarity? Haven't been out there in a while.

Not too bad, Clear for the most part till the mullet mud it up.

Awesome day with Alan and Steve J. Thanks for paddlin out guys! Water was clean for the most part. Sandy then patchy for the most part. Fish were around but not too thick. Jerkbaits worked out for us in the late morning. Even had a monster Snook sighting.....very brief but true. He was hangin in less than a ft of crystal clear water. I was stalking a slot Redfish at the time and he appeared 5ft off off the commander to my left. Soon as we made eye contact......he bolted!! Overall great day with good friends!!

Kayaks by Bo Pro Staff
    Kayakfishingradio.com dag gone Fishin Magician
    Space Coast Kayak Angler (facebook)