Biscayne Bay Oceanside 11-3-2012

Florida Sportsman

Biscayne Bay Oceanside 11-3-2012

We headed out across the bay on Saturday to work the oceanside flats from the raggeds on south. We saw plenty of bones and had plenty of misses, man are they spooky. The bait was everywhere, I love this time of year... schools of pilchards as far as the eye can see. We worked the shoreline and found a nice school of bones on some light bottom and I fired that cast that you feel in your gut is the one... fish on! Landed a nice 5-6 lb'er.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1Norman Bone Oceanside 11-3-2012.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	57052
    I know...I know... looks like a cooler commercial.

We continued on our search and came across some murked up water and Carlos began blind casting, we were basically using shrimp rigged as a shrimp jig on our search for the bones. Boom... fish on again, but this one was fighting different... it was a nice snook. They were in shallow feeding on the pilchard schools... this one must have been hungry... he hit a live shrimp.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carlos Snook Oceanside 2 11-3-2012.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	57053
    I know... another cooler commercial... They do make a pretty good casting platform.

The worst part of this story... actually it can also be the best part, depending on which side your on... is that my boy Carlos, who's boat we were on, didn't have a tape measurer, Law Stick, or anything else we could measure the snook with... so... we let her swim to fight another day.... By the looks of her... she was probably over slot any way. HEY CARLOS!!! Get a FS LAW STICK http://www.floridasportsman.com/2012...k-boatsticker/

All in all it was a successful day on the water, we had plenty of blown shots at fish, and we managed to land a couple of nice ones.

Thats a fat Snook!! Nice job, and cant beat a Yeti. Use mine as a platform too. Nice job on the fish

Thanks for the report. Good job on the bone and snook.

I was in the area yesterday on my keywest also. I'm off tomorrow, so might give those bones a shot.

Nice work Norman!! Thats nice snook.
    Good news is now you can catch her again when she's fatty.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Spearo20 View Post
    Nice work Norman!! Thats nice snook.
    Good news is now you can catch her again when she's fatty.

Alex
    Yo Alex... we got to get together and do some fishin' man... The bait is thick... anytime your ready, five me a holler.

Good job I was inside and managed a 27" red, 1 keeper trout and plenty of Keeper snapper on artificials . Plenty of finger mullet everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by flatsstalker View Post
    Good job I was inside and managed a 27" red, 1 keeper trout and plenty of Keeper snapper on artificials . Plenty of finger mullet everywhere
    Awesome... Great job on a nice red... no pics???

I've been seeing some slob reds and schools of small reds in Biscayne Bay lately. That's a good sign that they are coming back. The good news... these fish are extremely spooky and extra finicky... most of the ignoramuses out there won't be able to catch them and put them in their coolers.

True here's the pic of the red
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by flatsstalker; 11-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Nice job fellas...i miss fishing south bb, awesome fishery down that way!!!