2012 Flounder poundin' season...... and how to limit out! - Page 4

Florida Sportsman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I don't have a single damn fish in my freezer and I'm hating it.
    I got started late this year, first wade fishing and now fishing from a kayak, second trip in the kayak I pulled out a 19" trout and a 20+ flounder, my first flounder ever and I want more.
    I live in Tallahassee so I've only been going to the gulf once or twice a week and just been getting skunked recently.

but yea, white curly tail on a spinner was always my go-to, in fact, that was my only plastic bait and only spinner for years.
    somehow I lost my way when i lived in panama city beach and starting fishing only shrimp from the jetty, guess i got lazy.

I only recently fixed that situation by buying a single redfish magic just to get started. (very tight budget, maybe 1 lure per week.)
    have not used it yet but the plan was to buy a handful and some new curly grubs, gulp! these days i guess.
    thanks for the thread, it was a good read.

now i just need to find a good spot south of Tallahassee and get back into the game.
    Last edited by MaL; 10-31-2012 at 04:33 AM.

We use to fish the Jetty at the LIghthouse down in Wakulla. It is a state park about 35-40 min. south of Tally. There are a few good places to fish down there with shallow flats.

st marks lighthouse is where I've been going most of the time, first time there in the kayak I pulled in the trout and 21" flounder.
    next time i go i need to check out some of the areas away from the lighthouse a bit.
    like past sandy cove, and over the st marks river entrance through big cove.

Looking to get out Friday am, anyone else going? Probably put in at Sisters and see what I can find....or Vilano.

I wanna get out tomorrow...... looks like Eddie just destroyed em downtown. I gotta get back on em before he catches all of them!
    Tony Eden, Marine electronics, electrical and accesories rigging & repair master-
    Boattronics.net
    Boatswitchpanels.com
    Over 70 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...ronics-reviews!
    Please contact me today with any questions or for a free estimate!

What time you going, Tony? I'm probably going to head out of River City around 11-12 or so and fish til dark.

Turns out I have to work on my own boat tomorrow.... Im actually very excited about it!
    Tony Eden, Marine electronics, electrical and accesories rigging & repair master-
    Boattronics.net
    Boatswitchpanels.com
    Over 70 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...ronics-reviews!
    Please contact me today with any questions or for a free estimate!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234